Here at N Brown, we champion inclusivity by making our customers look and feel amazing. We don’t believe that age, size, shape or background should stop anyone from feeling confident, stylish and happy with the way they look and feel. With our industry leading expertise in creating fashion that fits, we’ve been proudly breaking down these barriers for over 150 years. We help our customers to express themselves with stylish products, helpful services and flexible finance. Now, we’re moving forward together, embracing innovation and new technology, to continue to delight our customers.
Working here you’ll explore everything the world of digital retail has to offer — asking questions, trying new things and chasing new opportunities. Combine this curiosity with the freedom to make your own decisions, take charge of projects and work flexibly, and you’ve got the perfect place to show your skills and learn new ones. It’s fast and furious here at times, but this just means something new and exciting is always on the way. So, if you collaborate, think on your feet, embrace innovation and love rising to a challenge, your work with us will have a serious impact on the business, your career and our customers’ lives. We are proud to be N Brown.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Imports team as an Imports and Classification Duty Clerk.
Imports work with our Merchandisers, overseas suppliers and freight forwarders to transport in and customs clear more than 13 million items over the course of a year. Speed of delivery to the customer, particularly on big selling lines is highly dependant on the efficient running of this department.
The principle duties for this role include:
- Supplier Invoices – audit check before completing a custom clearance
- Classify all goods Imported to customs standards and input onto JD Williams mainframe and duty management system.
- Complete the full customs clearance and then input into the duty management system. Duty payable is circa £8 mil pa
- Daily processing on the duty management system – reporting information to HMRC
- Month end processing on the duty management system – reporting information to HMRC and the Finance department.
- Scan all documents onto internal drive for HMRC records.
- Report to HMRC & Finance department all goods moved within the EU containing customs classification.
Any other duties required by the line manager that are appropriate with the post, grade and level of responsibility of this role, for which the role holder has the necessary experience and/or training.
To succeed you will need:
A minimum of 5 years working within an import/export environment Customs procedures, freight forwarding.
Communication skills proven by interaction with cross-functional peers and external customers.
In depth knowledge of Oracle systems
A broad scope of capabilities and qualities and be capable of working individually or as part of a team