Here at N Brown we are looking to recruit a Cyber Security Analyst to join Security and Risk team, part of the wider Digital Technology division.
About the Role
As a Cyber Security Analyst (CSA) you will be responsible for assisting with the day-to-day operations of securing various information systems. Reporting to the Information Security Manager, you will be tasked with providing technical expertise in all areas of network, system, and application security. Working closely with the various teams in the Information Technology department you will ensure that systems and networks are always designed, developed, deployed, and managed with an emphasis on strong, effective security and risk management controls.
As a Cyber Analyst you will lead our vulnerability management program, managing the annual cybersecurity assessments, penetration tests, research and reports on emerging threats, to help our business take pre-emptive risk mitigation steps. You will effectively correlate and analyse security events within the context of AEW's unique environment to proactively detect threats and mitigate attacks before they occur.
As a Cyber Security Analyst, you will:
• Proactively monitor the environment to detect and implement steps to mitigate cyber-attacks before they occur.
• Provides technical expertise regarding security-related concepts to operational teams within the Information Technology Department and the business.
• Review, investigate, and respond to real-time alerts within the environment.
• Review real-time and historical reports for security and/or compliance violations.
• Monitor online security-related resources for new and emerging cyber threats.
• Assesses new security technologies to determine potential value for the enterprise.
• Conducts vulnerability assessments of firm systems and networks.
• Manage systems owned by the Information Security Team.
What experience are we looking for?
• A degree or equivalent industry training and certifications as well as experience in a security analyst or related role
• Technical knowledge of enterprise-class technologies such as firewalls, routers, switches, wireless access points, VPNs, and desktop and server operating systems.
• Thorough understanding of Microsoft’s enterprise technology platform, including Azure, Active Directory, SQL, Office365, and the Windows server and desktop operating systems.
• Proficiency with Windows PowerShell.
• Experience with the following technology vendors and products: Splunk Cloud, Rapid7 Nexpose, Vulnerability management, Nessus, Splunk Darktrace.
• Strong writing skills, as well as the ability to articulate security-related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff.
• Experience with creating, implementing, and managing a threat hunting program within a corporate environment.
• Demonstrated experience implementing and/or enforcing security and compliance frameworks such as NIST, Cobit, and ISO.
• A proficient problem-solver that can work autonomously.
• One or more of the following certifications: CEH, CISM, CompTIA Security+, CISSP, GSEC
• Experience with managing and securing both on-premise and hosted systems and applications.
• Experience with application and database security
About N Brown
Working here you’ll explore everything the world of digital retail has to offer — asking questions, trying new things and chasing new opportunities. Combine this curiosity with the freedom to make your own decisions, take charge of projects and work flexibly, and you’ve got the perfect place to show your skills and learn new ones. It’s fast and furious here at times, but this just means something new and exciting is always on the way. So, if you collaborate, think on your feet, embrace innovation and love rising to a challenge, your work with us will have a serious impact on the business, your career and our customers’ lives.