*Please note this role is a 12 month Fixed Term Contract*
As a Lead Product Manager, you are an expert in your specialised domain such as CX, UX, SEO, Social, Mobile Apps, Data Platforms, Data modelling, Data Science etc and are accountable for a set of complex and company strategic products / set of services within a portfolio for that domain/s and drive product strategy, the roadmap and execution for them. You are accountable for the definition, planning and delivery of your specialised domain into new ecommerce platforms and migration of legacy websites into them. This includes formulating the vision, strategy, and long-term roadmap for you specialist domain.
In this role you will demonstrate strong decision making and prioritisation skills, especially when multiple trade-offs are involved, and faster decision are required. Showcasing empathy and good listening skills to understand the needs/ pain points of your customers/ stakeholders. We are looking for a Product Manager with great people skills, gaining the respect and trust of a team. You will demonstrate excellent coaching skills and have successfully developed star Product Managers under your leadership.
Your role as Lead Product Manager here at N Brown:
- Accountable for complex/ large product(s) that involve multiple internal/external stakeholders, and drive product strategy, roadmap, and execution for that by leading a team of talented Product Managers
- Understand business stakeholders and their pain points as well as steering your team in the right direction by putting best team members in the most value generating products / business priorities
- Set clear goals and KPIs for team members and periodically review all the KPIs owned by the team spanning across multiple products and provide feedback/ suggestions on improving those
- Handle conflicting priorities well, communicate clearly and understands how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong, talented and opinionated team
- Identify and remove impediments faced by the team by working with colleagues and proactively overcome any risks/ delays in the commitments
- Contribute to capability and capacity planning for Product Management, for my own Product area to ensure capacity to drive work
- Responsible for achieving or exceeding agreed product KPIs improvements across all the products owner / managed by my team.
- Perform the role of a product owner when necessary
- Ensure appropriate documentation and reporting is in place to gain board commitment and prioritisation.
- Determine Operational resource requirements to make a product successful
What experience are we looking for?
- Have proven success in leading a team of highly talented and opinionated product managers and took multiple ideas (at least 1 new product/idea) from conception to go-live, through standard software product development lifecycle and got measurable success across defined KPIs
- Experienced in capacity planning, forecasting and working with senior stakeholders to understand future demands and align allocation/ hiring
- Good domain expertise and experience in successfully developing a strategy in the relevant functional area/ a large complex domain
- Efficient in stakeholder management and has ability to steer the team in the right direction by putting best team members in the most value generating Products/ Business priorities
- Knowledge and experience of product management best practice and methodologies and strong technical acumen
- Technically competent to influence and understand the solution context and approach and aid engineering in estimating the complexity of work being requested
- Have great prioritisation and decision-making skills and have made good decisions/ judgements around business priorities and resource allocation, etc.
- Experience in conducting fair appraisals and handling conflicts
- Experience in building/ hiring, coaching a team of Product Managers
About N Brown
Working here you’ll explore everything the world of digital retail has to offer — asking questions, trying new things, and chasing new opportunities. Combine this curiosity with the freedom to make your own decisions, take charge of projects and work flexibly, and you’ve got the perfect place to show your skills and learn new ones. It’s fast and furious here at times, but this just means something new and exciting is always on the way. So, if you collaborate, think on your feet, embrace innovation and love rising to a challenge, your work with us will have a serious impact on the business, your career, and our customers’ lives.
As Lead Product Manager at N Brown, you will receive a competitive salary of up to £55,000 per annum (DOE) plus bonus, pension scheme, life assurance, 24 days holiday plus bank holidays, in addition to taking advantage of a holiday purchase scheme! You will benefit from our flexible working hours and fantastic location based in the heart of the northern quarter, Manchester. You will receive fantastic employee discount on our products, a discounted share purchase scheme and access to our Employee Assistance Programme and much more!
We are proud to be N Brown.