Here at N Brown, we are looking for a Content Planner to join our Brand Marketing team!
About the role
In this Content and Communications Planning role, you will develop our medium- to long-term marketing plan in order to build our brand and drive sales. You will work closely with other teams across the business, delivering the very best proposition to communicate and build an aligned plan to share with our customers. You will work toward creating a best-in-class content plan to structure and deliver this plan, whilst working across our internal teams to brief this in across our quarterly and monthly planning horizons.
What will you be doing as a Content Planner?
- Own our brand-level comms planning, taking our marketing strategy and using this to create a plan for 12-18 months (aligned with the forward planning team), covering campaigns, content and BAU messaging
- Plan our budget and investment to deliver against this plan, working with the Forward Planning team and our media agency to set the phasing, direction on channel mix and also (when available) estimating our expected ROI
- Lead our BAU communications planning, owning the quarterly process, working closely with all other teams to create an aligned plan: trading, product, crm, seo, paid social etc. Owning as part of this our omnichannel tracker.
- Challenge other teams around us to (positively) demand the very best product, promotional and service proof points to bring our plan to life
- Brief our BAU and regular monthly communications
- Ensure our BAU communications are brand-led, rather than trade-led – using our insight reporting and external inputs, we have a plan which is aligned to customer mindset, relevant and competitive
- Create an ongoing content calendar which integrates our social and influencer strategies, and combines our business-out needs (stories, trading priorities) with channel needs (hitting social KPIs for example) and what we need to deliver for our customers. This must be customer first not business first.
- Set KPIs for our marketing plan across each time period, covering demand, customer, marketing effectiveness and (with creative brand lead) creative performance
- Run key meetings across the team which facilitate this – monthly and weekly briefing sessions, plus our weekly status meeting with all teams and agencies
- Own our media budget tracking
- Own competitor media and creative tracking, bringing these learnings into the team with recommendations for actions to take against them
What skills and experience will you have?
- Strong analytical, strategic and planning skills.
- High level of passion and enthusiasm in communications across a variety of media.
- Enthusiastic and positive team player with the ability to work alone or in a team.
- Great collaboration skills.
- Proven track record within a similar role essential.
About N Brown
Here at N Brown, we champion inclusivity by making our customers look and feel amazing. We don’t believe that age, size, shape or background should stop anyone from feeling confident, stylish and happy with the way they look and feel. With our industry leading expertise in creating fashion that fits, we’ve been proudly breaking down these barriers for over 150 years. We help our customers to express themselves with stylish products, helpful services, and flexible finance. Now, we’re moving forward together, embracing innovation and new technology, to continue to delight our customers.
Working here you’ll explore everything the world of digital retail has to offer — asking questions, trying new things, and chasing new opportunities. Combine this curiosity with the freedom to make your own decisions, take charge of projects and work flexibly, and you’ve got the perfect place to show your skills and learn new ones. It’s fast and furious here at times, but this just means something new, and exciting is always on the way. So, if you collaborate, think on your feet, embrace innovation and love rising to a challenge, your work with us will have a serious impact on the business, your career and our customers’ lives.
As Brand Planning Lead at N Brown, you will receive a competitive salary plus bonus, pension scheme, life assurance, 24 days holiday plus bank holidays, in addition to taking advantage of a holiday purchase scheme! You will benefit from our flexible working hours and fantastic location based in the heart of the northern quarter, Manchester. You will receive fantastic employee discount on our products, a discounted share purchase scheme and access to our Employee Assistance Programme and much more!
We are proud to be N Brown.