Here at N Brown, we have an extremely exciting opportunity for a Director of Credit Risk to join our Financial Services Senior Leadership Team.
Reporting to the CEO of FS, the Director of Credit Risk will be critical to the success of both Financial Services and the wider group. As well as leading the Credit Risk team in delivering against the FS operational and financial plan, the role is central to the development and execution of N Brown’s future FS strategy. The organisation is undergoing an exciting digital business transformation, including the development of a new and expansive FS customer proposition which will be delivered on a new digital platform. Credit risk is key to this transformation.
As Director of Credit Risk, You Will:
- Develop an aspirational credit risk strategy which delivers against the wider Group and FS business strategies, driving the business into the future
- Ensure the customer is at the heart of all decisions and drive the appropriate processes and customer experience
- Optimise commercial outcomes, delivering for both the retail and FS businesses
- Ensure our approach to credit risk is at least market standard and aspirational in pushing the boundaries of innovation to develop points of differentiation for the business
- Initiate and maintain close collaboration with the Group, including working across all 3 lines of defence, Risk, Compliance, DT, Data Science, Retail and Marketing
- Ensure risks are identified, recorded and managed appropriately to protect our customers and our business, in line with all regulations
- Use data and analytical tools & techniques to deliver customer value, remove friction in customer journeys, deliver affordable and responsible lending and innovate
- Lead, develop and build a high performing team of credit risk experts
- Maintain good governance and strong KPI reporting.
What We Are Looking for:
- Strong ‘customer outcomes’ focus
- Extensive credit risk experience, ideally in retail finance and with prime and sub-prime
- An experienced manager with a proven record of building and working with a diverse team
- Multi-bureau experience
- Soft search experience
- Use of modern tools and techniques; (AI/Machine Learning technology)
- Experience of identifying, selecting and implementing a new technology stack relating to credit risk (decision systems; originations; customer management systems, etc)
- Experience of scorecard builds
- Knowledge of Open Banking is crucial
- A strong innovator with a data savvy approach to understanding customers and lending
- Regulatory understanding, particularly in the high-cost credit sector, dealing with affordability and vulnerability
- High level oversight and management of key suppliers (bureau; decision system suppliers)
- A commercial leader, with strong acquisition and customer management expertise
- Risk Based Pricing expertise and knowledge is a must
- Experience of IFRS9 modelling and management.
What We Can Offer:
Working here you’ll explore everything the world of digital retail has to offer — asking questions, trying new things and chasing new opportunities. Combine this curiosity with the freedom to make your own decisions, take charge of projects and work flexibly, and you’ve got the perfect place to show your skills and learn new ones. It’s fast and furious here at times, but this just means something new and exciting is always on the way. So, if you collaborate, think on your feet, embrace innovation and love rising to a challenge, your work with us will have a serious impact on the business, your career and our customers’ lives.
As Director of Credit Risk at N Brown you will receive a highly competitive salary per annum plus bonus, pension scheme, life assurance, 32 days holidays (including bank holidays) in addition to taking advantage of a holiday purchase scheme! You will benefit from our flexible working hours, hybrid working model and fantastic location based in the heart of the northern quarter, Manchester. You will receive fantastic employee discount on our products, a discounted share purchase scheme and access to our Employee Assistance Programme and much more!
We are proud to be N Brown.