Here at N Brown, we are looking for a Company Secretarial Assistant to join our Finance team!
About the role
To assist the Company Secretary and Assistant Company Secretary in providing company secretarial services to N Brown Group plc and its subsidiary companies. This includes UK, Irish and Guernsey incorporated companies. The role involves assisting with statutory compliance matters and dealing with ad hoc queries from stakeholders.
What will you be responsible for as Company Secretarial Assistant?
Core responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining statutory registers
- Preparing and lodging of statutory forms and filing of accounts at Companies House
- Maintaining group structure charts
- Assisting with the scheduling and agenda development of board and committee meetings
- Assembling board and committee meeting packs
- In some cases, taking minutes and tracking actions for boards, committees and other relevant forums
- Supporting colleagues across the business with Corporate Governance queries and workstreams
- Where required:
- Assisting with the coordination and production of the Company’s Annual Report and Accounts
- Supporting the Company’s annual audit activities
What experience are we looking for?
This role will suit a good team player who is enthusiastic and will work with and engage positively across all Group functions. A high level of diligence and attention to detail is required and the individual should have strong written communication skills. Experience of working within a Co Sec team would be desirable, as would some understanding of the regulatory and governance requirements of a Company Secretariat operating in a listed environment. The individual should be ICSA qualified or studying towards it.
Working here you’ll explore everything the world of digital retail has to offer — asking questions, trying new things and chasing new opportunities. Combine this curiosity with the freedom to make your own decisions, take charge of projects and work flexibly, and you’ve got the perfect place to show your skills and learn new ones. It’s fast and furious here at times, but this just means something new, and exciting is always on the way. So, if you collaborate, think on your feet, embrace innovation and love rising to a challenge, your work with us will have a serious impact on the business, your career, and our customers’ lives.
What’s in it for you?
As Company Secretarial Assistant at N Brown you will receive a competitive salary plus bonus, pension scheme, life assurance, 24 days holiday plus bank holidays, in addition to taking advantage of a holiday purchase scheme! You will benefit from our flexible working hours and fantastic location based in the heart of the northern quarter, Manchester. You will receive fantastic employee discount on our products, a discounted share purchase scheme and access to our Employee Assistance Programme and much more!
We are proud to be N Brown.