It’s fast and furious here at times, but this just means something new and exciting is always on the way. So, if you collaborate, think on your feet, embrace innovation and love rising to a challenge, then our role may be for you. Working with us will have a serious impact on the business, your career and our customers’ lives; you’ll understand why we’re proud to be N Brown.
In this role you will be expected to provide specialist expertise to the Head of Organisational Development in the delivery of a communication and engagement strategy and plan. This will cover all aspects of campaign delivery, change programmes, engagement strategies, key announcements, colleague communications and related events.
You will lead a team of internal communications specialists and partner with other functions across the People division and beyond to deliver aligned campaigns and programmes designed to curate our culture engage our colleagues, build future capability and create commercial value.
Working as part of the People Team and leading the internal communications function, the role is truly at the heart of the organisation, championing our colleague proposition and positively impacting individuals and the organisation as a whole.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Provide specialist expertise in the design, delivery and evolution of the Colleague Communications and Engagement strategy and plan
- Using a multi-channel approach to drive organisational change and employee engagement
- Curate our culture, embedding values across all people touch-points
- Using data, insight to inform and measure all activity
- Produce heartbeat of company communication: continual, regular updates - storytelling, success stories, news, resources, company updates.
- Partner with the leadership team to determine the most impactful ways to leverage their communication and presence
- Enable colleague voice, creating and driving colleague feedback surveys, engagement frameworks and listening programmes
- Creating proactive and innovative content for our well-being, diversity and inclusivity, colleague recognition and sustainability programmes
- Creatively enhance employee brand internally and externally so the business is seen as an employer of choice and a great place to work
- Providing market insight on trends in the employee experience as input to new ideas and suggestion
- Provide high quality and timely management information on all aspects of communications and engagement to report progress against agreed performance measures and to demonstrate value add
- Lead a team of internal communications and engagement specialists, developing them and supporting them to enable high performance at all times
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for an experienced and ambitious self-starter who is bursting to flex their creative talents and bring about real change in our organisation. The ideal candidate will show a love of storytelling and the ability to engage people using compelling and innovative content, across a range of communications channels.
- Experience in leading an Internal Communications and Engagement function
- A proven track record of delivering inspiring and successful communication and engagement strategies
- An excellent all-round knowledge of internal communications processes, methods, measurement, systems and technologies and how to create great blended campaigns.
- Comfortable with a business partnering role, that involves coaching and advising senior leaders in communication and engagement best practices and teasing out the stories that will inspire and enthuse colleagues
- A creative thinker, always looking for new and unique ways of driving colleague engagement
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- A creative, enthusiastic, energetic individual who can inspire, motivate and engage others
- The ability to develop relationships with partner organisations and other external bodies
- The ability to think spontaneously and respond positively to pressure
- A competitive salary (DOE) plus benefits
- Company pension with up to 6% N Brown contribution
- Life Assurance and Private Medical Insurance
- Annual bonus scheme
- Incredible colleague discount across all our N Brown Group brands (Simply Be, Jacamo, JD Williams, Home Essentials, Ambrose Wilson to name a few).
- Local restaurant discounts across Manchester’s Northern Quarter
- 24 days annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays) with the option to buy an additional 10 over the year
- Hybrid working, enabling you to work from home or office (at a frequency agreed with your line manager) and staggered start times. We know these are different times and have embraced them to ensure our colleagues are supported.
- A Manchester City Centre office base, socially distanced workstations and sanitizing stations around the business
- Great tech to enable you to not only make doing your job easy but to also allow you to work from anywhere with a great WIFI connection
- Onsite café at great subsidised rates
Who are we:
Here at N Brown we serve our customers through distinct brands; we are experienced, gained from over 160 years of trading; Inclusive as we believe in fashion without boundaries; sustainable as we strive to make as little impact on the planet and focused on the future as we are ALWAYS looking for ways to develop our business and serve our customers better.
Have a question about the role? You can contact the Talent Acquisition Team at Careers
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check; having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with JD Williams