Here at N Brown, we champion inclusivity by making our customers look and feel amazing. We don’t believe that age, size, shape or background should stop anyone from feeling confident, stylish and happy with the way they look and feel. With our industry leading expertise in creating fashion that fits, we’ve been proudly breaking down these barriers for over 150 years. We help our customers to express themselves with stylish products, helpful services and flexible finance. Now, we’re moving forward together, embracing innovation and new technology, to continue to delight our customers.
Working here you’ll explore everything the world of digital retail has to offer — asking questions, trying new things and chasing new opportunities. Combine this curiosity with the freedom to make your own decisions, take charge of projects and work flexibly, and you’ve got the perfect place to show your skills and learn new ones. It’s fast and furious here at times, but this just means something new and exciting is always on the way. So, if you collaborate, think on your feet, embrace innovation and love rising to a challenge, your work with us will have a serious impact on the business, your career and our customers’ lives. We are proud to be N Brown.
About the role:
As the Digital Photographic Operator you will work closely with the Photographer and the Studio Team to technically deliver and produce ecommerce imagery for the N Brown Group. You will be based in the N Brown LED studios, supporting the pace and day to day workflow whilst ensuring KPIs are met and the creative direction is delivered to a high standard. You will convert all of those elements into world class e-commerce imagery that is on brand and appeals customers across our brands.
What you’ll do as a Digital Photographic Operator within the studio:
- Accountability for facilitating and delivering the highest standard of photographic digital assets including but not limited to; profile application, exposure and white balance checks with Photographers, coding imagery and all other shoot related technical work
- Editing, grading and uploading ecommerce video assets
- Responsibility for the swift resolution of all technical photography queries (with support of the Photographer where required)
- Ensure balance in exposure of fashion photography and video grading
- Process selected assets from Capture One, ensure correctly coded and establish a high level of communication with the quality control team, ensuring that all image assets are uploaded to meet the department KPI.
- Ensure the back-up of all sessions to allow for reselection of alternative images where required.
- Monitor image capture throughout the day, troubleshooting with Photographer where needed.
- Assist in studio set up, supporting the photographer in positioning lighting and sets.
- Create the shoot playback at the end of the day and share with wider studio team.
- Establishing a high level of communication with shoot stakeholders to ensure smooth running of day to day workflow prior and during shoot.
- Referencing and understanding creative shoot guides delivering against brand ambition from a technical and video perspective.
- Supporting the photographer in following N Brown photography guide to ensure product is shot consistently across all shoot functions.
- Liaising with post production and photography teams on morning lighting tests to ensure technical sign off by Photography lead.
- Actively taking part in wider business projects and engaging in training and development initiatives always projecting the N Browns behaviours.
- Maintain a professional and productive working environment
What you'll need to succeed:
- Excellent knowledge of Capture One and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience working with Apple and Canon equipment
- Relevant experience in the industry
- Excellent communication skills to build relationships internally and externally
- Previous experience of working in an ecommerce fashion studio
- Excellent organisation and time management to ensure the studio targets are achieved
- The ability to stay calm in a fast-paced environment whilst maintaining a proactive, professional and positive attitude
- The ability to rapidly adapt to change and embrace N Brown studio culture
- The ability to adapt to new systems quickly and effectively
- Team player qualities who is eager to learn and can grasp new information quickly
- A good understanding of current trends and how these relate to the N Brown Group customer
- Keen interest in fashion and online retailing
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme which is based on both individual and company wide performance.
- Company pension scheme which will match up to 5% and if you put in 6% we will contribute 8%.
- Life Assurance
- Safe and secure Head office space based in bustling Northern Quarter - easily accessible via car or public transport
- 24 days holiday which increases with length of service, plus bank holidays.
- Holiday purchase scheme allowing colleagues to purchase up to an additional 10 days per year.
- Fantastic employee discount scheme across our websites
- Training & development throughout your career.
- Discounted share scheme.
- Train/Tram season ticket loan scheme.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with N Brown Group.