It’s fast and furious here at times, but this just means something new and exciting is always on the way. So, if you collaborate, think on your feet, embrace innovation and love rising to a challenge, then our role may be for you. Working with us will have a serious impact on the business, your career and our customers’ lives; you’ll understand why we’re proud to be N Brown.
Within our award-winning Finance department, we pride ourselves on being the best at what we do and put the customer at the heart of everything we do. But, most importantly within N Brown, we recognise that it’s the people that make the difference to our organisation. So, are you ready for a new challenge?
Here at N Brown we are looking for a Personal Assistant for our CEO of Financial Services
About the role:
A critical role in supporting the CEO of Financial Services as well as acting as secretariat to 4 key FS Committees. Ensuring that the CEO makes the most effective use of their time through tight diary management and performing a range of tasks in a professional and discreet manner. Acting as the key point of contact for internal and external contacts and helping to drive the culture, communications and wellbeing of our colleagues and the business.
What you will be responsible for:
- Organising and maintaining the diary, making appointments with external and internal parties, ensuring that meetings run to time and that the meetings are organised with all the necessary documentation and pre-reads.
- Screening and prioritising telephone calls, enquiries and requests, handling them as appropriate.
- Managing emails and actioning where appropriate, ensuring that following up action takes place to specified deadlines. Receipt of customer complaint communications, despatching to relevant Team managers for action. Maintain the housekeeping system for emails.
- Provision and management of daily action tasks to ensure that papers are provided for meetings and boards and outstanding actions are chased and deadlines met. Dealing with incoming post, taking dictation, writing letters and preparing responses where necessary.
- If/when required to support organising agendas, minute taking, tracking actions and loading documentation for 4 key FS Committees to a high standard in recognition that they can be auditable/scrutinised by regulators
- Collation of relevant information for divisional board papers and reports and documents as required to a high standard of accuracy and professionalism.
- Collation, coordination, and preparation (where appropriate) of presentations to be given to relevant parties (internal and external).
- Collation and maintenance of gifts and hospitality logs for Audit purposes.
- Make rapid and accurate assessments of urgent/delicate situations that can be addressed by appropriate colleagues.
- Sourcing and preparation of location for on and off-site events to include collation of preparation work, and presentation materials, coordination of event management with chosen venues, attending and aiding and technical expertise as required and within the budget specified.
- Arranging local and foreign travel and accommodation for meetings and events.
Regular contact with the wider Personal and Executive Assistants, promoting a team ethic across which is partly remotely based. Provide support and guidance in the recruitment process for Personal Assistants to ensure quality and integrity of the Personal Assistant team
What we’re looking for:
- Relevant experience in a similar role, ideally within Financial Services
- Office Management and Administration
- Organisation and minuting of committees
- A competitive salary (DOE) plus benefits
- Company pension with up to 8% N Brown contribution
- Life Assurance and Private Medical Insurance
- Annual bonus scheme
- Incredible colleague discount across all our N Brown Group brands (Simply Be, Jacamo, JD Williams, Home Essentials, Ambrose Wilson to name a few).
- Local restaurant discounts across Manchester’s Northern Quarter
- 24 days annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays) with the option to buy an additional 10 over the year
- Hybrid working, enabling you to work from home or office (at a frequency agreed with your line manager) and staggered start times. We know these are different times and have embraced them to ensure our colleagues are supported.
- A Manchester City Centre office base, socially distanced workstations and sanitizing stations around the business
- Great tech to enable you to not only make doing your job easy but to also allow you to work from anywhere with a great WIFI connection
- Onsite café at great subsidised rates
Who are we:
Here at N Brown we serve our customers through distinct brands; we are experienced, gained from over 160 years of trading; Inclusive as we believe in fashion without boundaries; sustainable as we strive to make as little impact on the planet and focused on the future as we are ALWAYS looking for ways to develop our business and serve our customers better.
Have a question about the role? You can contact the Talent Acquisition Team at Careers
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check; having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with JD Williams