Data is at the heart of everything N Brown does, and the Data Science team works across the business to find ways to turn data-derived insights into positive outcomes for our business. Our mission is to find customers who will love our brands, discover the products and propositions which are perfect for them and ultimately make the people who choose to shop with us look and feel amazing! The N Brown Data Science team is one of the best in the country and we are building modern infrastructure to support the work of Data Science and Analytics in all of our departments. At this time we have a role for a Technical Data Analyst to help us succeed.
About the role:
By exploring, shaping and using information from the Data Lake and Warehouse, you will become the data expert for one or more specific business areas, covering commerce, marketing, customer, UX, merchandising, financial services, logistics, finance, or customer services.
Within this role we offer the opportunity to develop within the Data Science team, along one of several different career paths, and you will be given the chance to build specialism in one of several disciplines and product areas which fall under the umbrella of Data Science.
As a Technical Data Analyst, you will:
- Be a data expert for one or more specific areas of the business.
- Manage the quality and development of the curated and certified data for these areas.
- Analyse data captured, and the way it which it is captured, across many platforms and services to create insight-to-outcome processes.
- Carry out data discovery, model data structures and map processes to reflect existing business practices.
- Assist in the development of data architecture to maximise the opportunities for us to make smarter assessments at a higher velocity.
- Develop KPIs and embed them in the business.
- Take ownership to resolve the business’s data pain points.
- Lead requirements gathering cycles around the use and availability of data.
- Assist with impact assessments of data changes to systems and reports.
- Maintain the data dictionary and take the lead on data change assessments.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Experience of querying data with SQL, or query services such as Athena
- Experience of data analysis, preferably in Python, but other analytical tools would also be considered
- Understanding of database modelling and development
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Ability to articulate technical problems in a non-technical manner
- An organised and methodical approach to work
And these skills would also help you:
- Experience of visualising data
- Understanding of cloud-based technologies especially AWS
Working in our team you’ll benefit from
- Hybrid working. We try to spend a couple of days in the office together to collaborate, socialise and learn better together.
- Accelerated Development. We work towards professional certifications, we run knowledge sharing sessions, we share our knowledge with industry partners
- The latest technology. We work with an advanced cloud stack and are constantly looking to raise the bar to find better ways of working.
- A strong community. We have a strong centralised community of 30 passionate data scientists and analysts that you’ll become a part of.
- A diverse team. We recognise the value of diversity and our multinational team strikes a good gender balance with a range of academic and commercial backgrounds.
- A bit of fun. We have weekly social sessions, work together on pro-bono projects, plus we’re well placed in Manchester’s Northern Quarter for an after-work social.
We’re looking for people with a passion for what they do, pride in the brand they work for and the curiosity to uncover new and exciting insights. If you feel your experience and attitude match what we’re looking for then we’d love to hear from you.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for several our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with N Brown.