It’s fast and furious here at times, but this just means something new and exciting is always on the way. So, if you collaborate, think on your feet, embrace innovation and love rising to a challenge, then our role may be for you. Working with us will have a serious impact on the business, your career and our customers’ lives; you’ll understand why we’re proud to be N Brown.
The Category Lead role drives value from sourcing processes and commercial negotiation to ensure the most suitable solution is achieved; enabling us to delight our customers.
Category Lead supports the creation and continual review of robust, forward looking category plans that use a full range of supply and demand levers, to identify opportunities that deliver relevance and tangible value to our business and customers.
Pioneering good governance, risk management and facilitating Supplier Relationship Management with business stakeholders the Category Lead reviews all spend in the category to determine next steps with the Category Plan.
Facilitating a P2P process from supplier onboarding through to payment, working closely with stakeholders such as Accountants, Budget Holders, Directors and Administrators as well as Supplier Relationship Managers for the ongoing management of strategic and critical suppliers.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Develop and continually review robust, forward looking category plans in collaboration with business stakeholders to address business needs, supply market dynamics and technological advancements.
- Work with stakeholders to consider a variety of commercial models, providing constructive challenge to drive the most appropriate business outcome.
- Closely managing your category, the Category Lead shares insights with the business and drives reviews; and acts where opportunities and risks appear.
- Delivering support to Supplier Relationship Managers and ensuring compliance with the organisational SRM policy; reporting accordingly to comittees and the board on SRM KPIs.
- Collaborate with the Commercial Management team to determine contract KPI’s & SLA’s that are relevant and capable of effective measurement for supplier performance and relationship management; ensuring that tangible benefits can be tracked into the P&L.
- Lead the creation of category pipeline of initiatives to achieve or exceed savings targets.
- Lead negotiations with suppliers and partners to realise cost efficiency opportunities and negotiate commercial terms and contracts, closely aligned with Supplier Relationship Managers.
- Manage on demand procurement partners (where applicable), giving clear direction and ensuring agreed measures and outputs are delivered.
- Working with agility when priorities change; aligning with team members to deliver consistency in ways of working.
What we’re looking for:
- Degree or CIPS preferred.
- Indirect Procurement experience across various categories.
- Technical skills to deliver in role including use of e-Procurement systems and P2P.
- Demonstrate superior relationship building within the business, with supplier and partners and the wider category markets.
- Experience of the design and implementation of sourcing strategies.
- An accomplished negotiator and influencer at all levels up to and including suppliers and partners Board Directors.
- A strong communicator, adapting style and approach appropriate to the audience.
- Be highly commercial with the ability to think beyond a typical category remit to maximise organisational opportunities.
- Numerate with strong commercial acumen to evaluate opportunities.
- Role model agile ways of working through proactivity, innovated thinking and being action orientated to maintain the team vision of being specialists who enable the business to move at pace and secure the most advantageous commercial deals.
- A competitive salary (DOE) plus benefits
- Company pension with up to 8% N Brown contribution
- Life Assurance and Private Medical Insurance
- Annual bonus scheme
- Incredible colleague discount across all our N Brown Group brands (Simply Be, Jacamo, JD Williams, Home Essentials, Ambrose Wilson to name a few).
- Local restaurant discounts across Manchester’s Northern Quarter
- 24 days annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays) with the option to buy an additional 10 over the year
- Hybrid working, enabling you to work from home or office (at a frequency agreed with your line manager) and staggered start times. We know these are different times and have embraced them to ensure our colleagues are supported.
- A Manchester City Centre office base, socially distanced workstations and sanitizing stations around the business
- Great tech to enable you to not only make doing your job easy but to also allow you to work from anywhere with a great WIFI connection
- Onsite café at great subsidised rates
Who are we:
Here at N Brown we serve our customers through distinct brands; we are experienced, gained from over 160 years of trading; Inclusive as we believe in fashion without boundaries; sustainable as we strive to make as little impact on the planet and focused on the future as we are ALWAYS looking for ways to develop our business and serve our customers better.
Have a question about the role? You can contact the Talent Acquisition Team at Careers
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check; having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with JD Williams