Data is at the heart of everything N Brown does, and the Data Division works across the business to find ways to turn data-derived insights into positive outcomes for people shopping with us. Our mission is to find customers who are perfect for our brands, uncover the products and propositions which are perfect for them and ultimately make our customers look and feel amazing! The N Brown Data Science team is one of the best in the country building, integrating, and embedding high-impact and high-profile data insights and products across the organisation. At this time we are looking to expand by bringing in Decision Intelligence Managers within the Connected Intelligence team of Data Science to help us succeed.
You will be using your domain knowledge in areas such as Marketing, Brand & Customer, UX, Merchandising, Finance, Logistics, Customer Services, and Financial Services and advance working with business stakeholders to identify opportunities, scope, and embed effective and transformational data analytics insights and products.
As a Decision Intelligence Manager, you will be:
- Delivering comprehensive exploratory data analysis, surfacing to the business engaging visualisations, validated against available data and expert judgement
- Using advanced analytics to generate hypotheses for operational and transformational activities
- Advancing the teams coding standards, guiding code plans and holding self accountable for team deliverables
- Establishing a strong knowledge of N Brown: data, strategy, basic KPIs, teams, key personnel and values
- Threading together multiple project storylines or insights to ensure a coherent and robust message
- Bringing stakeholders with you, giving persuasive updates with confidence and clarity
- Playing a key part in sprint planning in order to achieve project goals, generating and communicating project solution design prior to execution
- Working with business stakeholders to develop and maintain a roadmap and backlog of transformational analytical activity to aid operations and decisions aligned to a business area such as Marketing & Customer, UX, Merchandising, etc.
- Proposing projects for the project pipeline with clear and considered reasoning
- Distilling complex problems to a set of simpler problems, developing project plans and kick-off material, identifying project risks and taking action to reduce their impact
- Providing near-real-time analysis of the analytical performance of their assigned business area
- Identifying data problems, gaps or opportunities and see these to resolution through collaboration with other teams
- Managing the team with experience and empathy, sharing knowledge and learning whilst acting as an advocate for change across the team and beyond in forging collaborative working practices.
- Managing stakeholders, developing external relationships and establishing a position of trust and recognition across the Senior Leadership Team.
- Line Management and mentoring of Data Analysts
If you feel your experience and values match what we’re looking for then we’d love to hear from you:
- Experience delivering business change through analytics projects demonstrating strong orientation towards action and collaboration in overcoming obstacles
- Maintaining industry knowledge of statistics, analytics, and data science
- Experience embedding data-informed business change in areas such as Marketing, Brand & Customer, UX, Merchandising, Customer Services, Logistics, Finance
- Ability to share results clearly to team and produce clear and succinct written communications.
- The passion to build the N Brown brand, hosting and representing N Brown at internal and external events
And these skills would also help you:
- understanding of Python or transferrable coding languages and willingness to learn
Working in our team you’ll benefit from
- Hybrid working. We try to spend a couple of days in the office together to collaborate, socialise and learn better together.
- Accelerated Development. We work towards professional certifications, we run knowledge sharing sessions, we share our knowledge with industry partners
- The latest technology. We work with an advanced cloud stack and are constantly looking to raise the bar to find better ways of working.
- A strong community. We have a strong centralised community of 30 passionate data scientists and analysts that you’ll become a part of.
- A diverse team. We recognise the value of diversity and our multinational team strikes a good gender balance with a range of academic and commercial backgrounds.
- A bit of fun. We have weekly social sessions, work together on pro-bono projects, plus we’re well placed in Manchester’s Northern Quarter for an after-work social.
We’re looking for people with a passion for what they do, pride in the brand they work for and the curiosity to uncover new and exciting insights. If you feel your experience and attitude match what we’re looking for then we’d love to hear from you.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for several our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with N Brown.