It’s fast and furious here at times, but this just means something new and exciting is always on the way. So, if you collaborate, think on your feet, embrace innovation and love rising to a challenge, then our role may be for you. Working with us will have a serious impact on the business, your career and our customers’ lives; you’ll understand why we’re proud to be N Brown.
Within our award-winning Finance department, we pride ourselves on being the best at what we do and put the customer at the heart of everything we do. But, most importantly within N Brown, we recognise that it’s the people that make the difference to our organisation. So, are you ready for a new challenge?
As Finance Data Analyst you will will support the Management Accountant and Structured Finance Manager in the extraction and preparation of data and MI for weekly Bank reporting, and financial reporting.
The role also supports the preparation of the monthly management accounts by being a key player in the month end accounting, including debtor book metrics and liquidity.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Weekly reporting to the Banks and internal MI within agreed SLAs.
- Weekly margin reporting for the Financial Services division.
- Provide data support on the debtor book to support any Bank due diligence processes and also to support half year and year end audits.
- Provide data and MI support to understand the performance of the debtor book including on collections and expected credit losses.
- Support month-end financial reporting for the Financial Services division in particular on margin performance.
- Focus on KPI delivery and reporting with a strong emphasis on customer service and portfolio analysis.
- Supports FS by championing change management; driving improvements to financial accountability across the Divisions and improving and standardising financial processes to improve overall efficiency; identifying and contributing to business improvement opportunities
- Ad hoc analysis and provision of financial advice as required to support Finance Team, decision-making and monitoring of financial performance.
What we’re looking for:
- SQL and Teradata (or other equivalent) experience essential.
- Numerical or business degree preference
- Part qualified accountant preferred (not essential)
- Highly analytical with strong numerical and technical skills and eye for detail.
- Review and manipulate large datasets and translate these into meaningful insights.
- Naturally inquisitive with a desire to understand, learn, develop and share knowledge.
- Experience of data languages (SQL) and Teradata is essential
- Strong MS Office skills, particularly Excel
- Experience of Oracle Cloud Financial Systems and TM1 is desirable but not essential
- A competitive salary (DOE) plus benefits
- Company pension with up to 8% N Brown contribution
- Life Assurance and Private Medical Insurance
- Annual bonus scheme
- Incredible colleague discount across all our N Brown Group brands (Simply Be, Jacamo, JD Williams, Home Essentials, Ambrose Wilson to name a few).
- Local restaurant discounts across Manchester’s Northern Quarter
- 24 days annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays) with the option to buy an additional 10 over the year
- Hybrid working, enabling you to work from home or office (at a frequency agreed with your line manager) and staggered start times. We know these are different times and have embraced them to ensure our colleagues are supported.
- A Manchester City Centre office base, socially distanced workstations and sanitizing stations around the business
- Great tech to enable you to not only make doing your job easy but to also allow you to work from anywhere with a great WIFI connection
- Onsite café at great subsidised rates
Who are we:
Here at N Brown we serve our customers through distinct brands; we are experienced, gained from over 160 years of trading; Inclusive as we believe in fashion without boundaries; sustainable as we strive to make as little impact on the planet and focused on the future as we are ALWAYS looking for ways to develop our business and serve our customers better.
Have a question about the role? You can contact the Talent Acquisition Team at Careers
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check; having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with JD Williams