Here at N Brown, we champion inclusivity by making our customers look and feel amazing. We don’t believe that age, size, shape or background should stop anyone from feeling confident, stylish and happy with the way they look and feel. With our industry leading expertise in creating fashion that fits, we’ve been proudly breaking down these barriers for over 150 years. We help our customers to express themselves with stylish products, helpful services and flexible finance. Now, we’re moving forward together, embracing innovation and new technology, to continue to delight our customers. You will be part of a team who have a strong strategy to grow beauty and are passionate about offering real beauty for the real woman in an inspiring way.
Working here you’ll explore everything the world of digital retail has to offer — asking questions, trying new things and chasing new opportunities. Combine this curiosity with the freedom to make your own decisions, take charge of projects and work flexibly, and you’ve got the perfect place to show your skills and learn new ones. It’s fast and furious here at times, but this just means something new and exciting is always on the way. So, if you collaborate, think on your feet, embrace innovation and love rising to a challenge, your work with us will have a serious impact on the business, your career and our customers’ lives. We are proud to be N Brown.
The Buyer role reports to a Head of Buying, working together to deliver the best ranges for our customer. The aim is to deliver a profitable customer centric range and provide day to day administrative support to the category.
What you’ll be responsible for as a Buyer:
- To manage the product and sourcing elements of the range planning and selection process for the relevant department.
- To ensure that the right level of newness is achieved to create exciting and commercial ranges for relevant customer and brand.
- To lead and mange a team of assistants and Buying Admin on strategic direction for the segment, coach, support and develop the team for delivery.
- To achieve a bought-in margin (BIM) that supports market competitive prices, sales targets and target achieved margins across the relevant department.
- To innovate in terms of product opportunity and attributes.
- To keep abreast of all product, competitive and consumer trends to inform the range planning and selection process.
- To own related supplier selection and relationships and lead the negotiation process to achieve required cost price breaks at different volume levels.
- To inform the cost price, selling price which delivers the BIM.
- To inform the demand and NAM on the area. ·
- To inform the team’s development and performance on the segment.
- To fully understand and meet the customer needs, increase customer 5-star product reviews whilst driving the customer panel most preferred result.
- Key Stakeholders:
- The Buyer is responsible to and works closely with the Head of Buying, Merchandise, QA and Design.
What you will need to succeed as a Buyer:
- Good analytical skills.
- The ability to recognise future trends.
- Excellent commercial awareness.
- Communication skills.
- Confidence and presentation skills.
- Ability to make decisions under pressure.
- Negotiation skills.
In return for your hard-work and commitment, you’ll receive fantastic training and a competitive benefits package.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check.
Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with JD Williams