Jobtrain is a business that develops, sells and supports Applicant Tracking Software – perhaps better described as Recruitment Management Software. In other words, we provide the system that allows corporate clients to successfully manage recruitment for themselves rather than having to outsource or rely on agencies.
Jobtrain has been established since 2004 and we have grown into a business that enjoys healthy turnover and profit and has grown consistently, year on year, by an average of 23%. Our clients now include: The Ritz Hotel, Carnival Cruises; Toyota, Odeon Cinemas, Paul Smith, The Isle of Man Government, The University of Manchester and many, many more.
As part of our growth, we now need to strengthen our Commercial team and we are looking for a Business Development Manager to undertake the following:
To work as a member of the Jobtrain Commercial team in:
- Attending exhibitions and events
- Meeting clients as part of the initial sales process to present Jobtrain to them and to gain understanding of their processes and their needs
- Following up with client prospects after initial meetings
- Creating proposals for clients and agreeing set up fees and licence fees in collaboration with the Director of Business Operations
- Inputting to the evolution and development of the Jobtrain solution by providing insight from a client perspective – in terms of features, modules and market trends
- Identifying sectors and opportunities for Jobtrain to grow within. This may involve working closely with colleagues in the Commercial team to undertake research, to identify key contacts and to plan a tactical approach to achieving success in that sector
- Updating the Hubspot CRM system with all your calls, meetings and conversations to ensure the activity is recorded
- Attending weekly commercial meetings to review activity, progress and to share key information and learning
You will have proven ability in successfully introducing products or services to the corporate HR market – be it training, recruitment, benefits etc. You should be numerate and ideally, but not essentially, have knowledge of the recruitment sector. However, we will place far more onus on the individual's personal characteristics. To succeed in Jobtrain you will need to reflect the company's own values; you will need to be someone who is open, personable, professional, friendly and enjoys working in a team.
This is NOT a typical 'sales' position. Hitting numbers and cold-calling do not feature in our business. Instead, we succeed by looking to positively address problems that clients may have - we deliver solutions. We are all, as a team, passionate about the standards that we set and the level of trust and close engagement that we have with our clients. We work as a collective to achieve outstanding results and we have no place for individuals who are driven only by personal goals.
Adopting a consultative approach, listening carefully to what clients actually need and being prepared to offer insightful, helpful and proactive support and advice is how we view success.
"Do the right things, and do things right - and everything else will follow"
is the mantra on which the business has been built.