Leigh Academies Trust (LAT) has a fantastic new opportunity to appoint a highly-motivated and focused Junior Web Developer who will join the Creative Team within the central IT Services Department. This role is ideal for someone who is looking for their first job in web development and design. The purpose of this role is to help the Creative Team build new and innovative websites and expand features of their current sites while supporting LAT to maintain its brand and provide support to website editors across the Trust.
Our successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual who enjoys the technical aspects of coding as well as web layout and design while always thinking about the end-user experience. You should have good written and verbal communication skills and have the ability to organise and prioritise tickets and projects within a very busy workload.
The purpose of this role is to:
- Deliver a professional Web & IT service for clients and users across the Trust
- Work closely with the Creative Team as well as academies to ensure our current websites meet the users needs
- Support the Creative Team with digital design innovations to support a digital-first strategy
- Assist with day-to-day tasks
- Support the Creative Team with the development and design of new web projects
- Carry out QA tests on new projects
- Provide client support with website issues, or change requests
- Keep websites updated and secure
- Gather web user data (analytics, feedback and polls)
- Support with general team responsibilities
- Support the Media & Web Manager with initial project planning through to completion
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have experience of creating websites with great user experiences
- Understand the fundamentals of; Web design, Web UX, and Responsive design
- Be proficient in; HTML and CSS
- Be familiar with Google Analytics, running QA tests
- Provide support to clients, resolving issues and answering queries
- Have some knowledge of;
- Adobe XD & Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator, Indesign, Premiere Pro (not essential)
- Google Apps (Drive, Sheets, Docs)
- Office 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Web hosting, FTP, SSH, Git
- IIS Server 2012 (not essential)
- Be capable of tracking projects and managing workload
- Work well in a team and also have the ability to work with your own initiative
Professional development: Being part of the Creative Team and IT Services you will have the opportunity to learn new skills from the rest of the team and have access to a wide range of software and hardware. We feel it is important that you continue to learn new skills working within the department to progress your career.
Being part of Leigh Academies Trust: As of 1st January 2019, our Trust is comprised of 23 geographically organised academies (11 secondaries, 11 primaries and 1 special) educating over 15,000 students, and employing over 2,500 talented staff. We also have three further academies in development phase, due to open in September 2020. The Trust is establishing four ‘clusters’ of academies: North West Kent; Central Kent; South East London; Medway. In addition, the Trust is responsible for one of the region’s biggest initial teaching training providers and a large teaching school.
As part of Leigh Academies Trust you will have ample opportunity to collaborate with your peers both within the academy and across the whole Trust. This is an important part of our vision as we know through experience that we perform better when we work together. You are supported to undertake regular self-development to continue your professional development and hopefully progress further within the organisation.
We strive to offer a range of benefits that all employees can take advantage of which we regularly review and add to - click here to view what you’d receive as a member of staff with Leigh Academies Trust.
Diversity at our core: As a Trust we are passionate about diversity and recognise that as individuals we all bring something unique to the role regardless of age, gender, race, beliefs or disabilities which is why we treat all of our people equally, without compromise.
The academy is committed to safeguarding children and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check. Our commitment to safeguarding is underpinned by robust processes and checks which are in place across the Trust.