We have a rare leadership opportunity within a very successful, mid-size multi-academy trust. The Trust is now seeking to appoint a highly effective senior leader to join us as the Head of College (Vice Principal) at The Leigh UTC; the successful candidate will play a huge part in accelerating the development of the school into an outstanding provider of education.
Our successful candidate will be a talented and highly motivated leader with drive and commitment to excellence as well as strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate to a range of stakeholders. You will be joining a supportive, committed and passionate team who work hard to ensure that all of our students achieve their potential. We are looking for an experienced professional who can demonstrate strategic leadership and excellent management, and a proven track record of success in raising standards, preferably in a non-selective setting.
This is an exciting time to join our leadership team. You will be expected to play a key role in developing the strategic vision for The Leigh UTC even further whilst ensuring that our students develop their potential, achieve academic success and develop our core values. The successful applicant will be a key member of the senior leadership team and will have significant autonomy in leading their assigned College, and will have management responsibilities for multiple faculty areas (this will be confirmed in due course depending on the successful candidate’s specialisms). Subject expertise in either Science or Maths is highly desirable due to the STEM specialism at The Leigh UTC. This post provides an outstanding career opportunity to be part of driving our academy forward and to play a critical role in the next phase of the academy’s development.
Click here to view the Candidate Briefing Pack for more information.
We wish to hear from you if you are committed to changing our education world and are:
- an enthusiastic, energetic and ambitious leader with a successful track record at secondary level;
- a motivational and inspirational leader with high expectations of staff;
- confident and able to communicate a clear vision for the school;
- able to develop children to reach their full potential regardless of background or circumstance;
- approachable and keen to work with staff across the Trust to ensure wide success;
- able to establish and develop excellent relationships with the community and other stakeholders.
What we can offer you:
- a competitive salary;
- an exciting LAT career path with opportunities for further progression in the future;
- the opportunity to assist in leading a large and successful academy;
- security and support on your journey from close collaboration with a small central executive and a larger group of talented principals to share best practice and innovation;
- development opportunities to work both within the academy and across the wider Trust;
- the opportunity to implement the Trust’s ‘small school’ philosophy to drive further academic improvement.
Application process: Suitable and interested candidates are able to discuss the role with the Principal, Mr Steve Leahey, by arranging a telephone call or a visit. To schedule an appointment please contact Hayley Dempsey, Office Manager, on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01322 626 600. To submit an application in full, please do so online.
The closing date for applications is Monday 24th February 2020 at 12 noon. Interviews and associated activities are scheduled to take place on or before 28th February 2020. If you have any queries on any aspect of the application process or need additional information, please contact the LAT Talent Team on 01634 412 240 or email@example.com.
Diversity at our core: As a Trust, we are passionate about diversity and recognise that as individuals we all bring something unique to the role regardless of age, gender, race, beliefs or disabilities which is why we treat all of our people equally, without compromise.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding children and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check; our commitment to safeguarding is underpinned by robust processes and checks which are in place across the Trust.