About the role: Dartford Primary Academy has been judged as a consistently 'Good' school where pupils and adults have good relationships. Pupils follow instructions, pay attention and are respectful of the opinions of others. We have a fantastic opportunity to appoint a Class Teacher to join and strengthen our existing team for January 2022. Teachers with experience in Reception/EYFS are warmly encouraged to apply. We welcome applications from ECTs as we can provide fantastic professional development opportunities for our successful candidate, suitable for your unique needs following your teacher training.
This role is offered on a fixed term basis in the first instance. Every effort will be made to offer a substantive position across the LAT family of academies thereafter.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is a graduate with QTS
- Has evidence of outstanding practice as a classroom teacher
- Has high levels of success in teaching across all stages of the primary sector and, in particular, demonstrate how they have been able to meet the needs of children with SEN/D
- Has the highest expectations of pupils and themselves
- Is enthusiastic, imaginative and forward thinking
- Has the ability to inspire, motivate and engage children to achieve and succeed
- Is able to form positive relationships with children, staff, parents and governors
- Possesses excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
In return, we will offer you:
- The opportunity to help shape our future by joining a LAT Academy
- A school community committed to raising achievement and attainment
- A stunning environment with modern building, excellent resources and facilities
- A strong commitment to support professional development opportunities
- A supportive Governing Body and Leadership Team
Do you know a great teacher who would like to hear about opportunities with Leigh Academies Trust? If so, make a referral today for the chance to receive £100 as a 'thank you'. Simply complete the referral form by clicking here. T&C's apply.
Being part of Leigh Academies Trust: As of 1st September 2021, our Trust will comprise 31 geographically organised academies (15 secondaries, 14 primaries and 2 special) educating 20,000 students, and employing 2,500 talented staff. The Trust is establishing four ‘clusters’ of academies: North West Kent; Central Kent; South East London; Medway. In addition, the Trust is responsible for one of the region’s biggest initial teaching training organisations, a large teaching school hub and is an accredited apprenticeship provider. Click here to view our future plans in our Vision 2025 document.
As part of Leigh Academies Trust you will have ample opportunity to collaborate with your peers both within the academy and across the whole Trust. This is an important part of our vision as we know through experience that we perform better when we work together. You are supported to undertake regular self-development to continue your professional development and hopefully progress further within the organisation.
Our commitment to safeguarding: Leigh Academies Trust and all of our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We adopt a fair, robust and consistent recruitment process across all academies and business units. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check.
Our commitment to equality and diversity: As a Trust we are passionate about diversity and recognise that as individuals, we all bring something unique to the role regardless of any protected characteristics which is why we treat all of our people equally, without compromise. We are committed to providing equality and fairness throughout our recruitment and employment practices and not to discriminate on any grounds.
Based on the quality and quantity of applications received, Leigh Academies Trust reserves the right to close this vacancy sooner than the specified closing date. Applicants will be notified of this where possible. Therefore, early applications are encouraged.