About the role: Mascalls Academy are seeking to appoint Examination Invigilators for the exams that take place throughout the academic year. The ideal candidates will be well organised, excellent communicators, have experience of supervising children and be both reliable and flexible. Whilst experience is preferred, full training will be provided for the successful candidates. The position is a great opportunity for those who are seeking part-time flexible working.
Whilst the role is ad-hoc, hours will be agreed with the successful candidates in advance and there will be an opportunity to work regularly during the college’s usual examination periods. Please note that as we are seeking to appoint multiple candidates, interviews will be offered on a rolling basis.
What we expect from you: The main purpose of this role is to supervise examinations and to ensure that guidelines and regulations for the integrity and security of the examination papers and procedures are followed during examination sessions. Typical duties include the following;
- To ensure a calm environment to give the candidates the best possible exam experience.
- To set up the examination rooms as determined by the Data and Examinations Manager.
- To be aware of any needs that candidates may have during an examination.
- To ensure that no inappropriate/not allowed items are brought into an examination room.
- To ensure that candidates follow regulations of an exam room and to be vigilant at all times.
- Ensure all candidates are aware of the information and of any notice that may affect them.
- To ensure all candidates are seated according to the seating plan provided.
- To ensure all candidates receive appropriate exam question papers and answer papers.
- To record attendance on the appropriate attendance register.
- To ensure that there is no talking or disruption for the candidates once an exam has begun.
- To ensure answer scripts are collected, sorted into candidate number order and supervised as required, passing them safely to the Data and Examinations Manager for despatch.
- To maintain security and confidentiality at all times.
- To highlight any concerns or issues to the Data and Examinations Manager.
- To assist in other activities as may reasonably be requested by the Centre from time to time.
Working for Mascalls Academy: Mascalls Academy is a highly successful secondary school offering an education to 11-18 year olds with a large Sixth Form. It has a maximum annual intake of 240 boys and girls and is over-subscribed. Courses of study are provided according to individual needs for the GCSE examination and at GCE A Level, A/S Level. Mascalls is normally the nearest appropriate school for pupils of all abilities living in Brenchley, Matfield, Capel, Five Oak Green, East Peckham, Horsmonden, Lamberhurst, Yalding and Paddock Wood.
We pride ourselves on high academic achievement, where personal qualities are valued highly and where the atmosphere is friendly and purposeful. We are on the move from Good to Outstanding and are looking for forward-thinking, emotionally-intelligent and innovative teachers to join a supportive team that is committed to improving the life chances of young people.
Being part of Leigh Academies Trust: Being part of a successful multi-academy trust allows the academy to share best practice and collaborate with colleagues from a number of other schools in the local area. As part of the 'cluster' structure all of our academies are grouped together in key geographical area to enable them to be able to support each other and share resources. It also offers staff access to career opportunities across the Trust allowing them to progress their career without switching employers. For more information on working for the Trust please visit our careers pages
Diversity at our core: As a Trust we are passionate about diversity and recognise that as individuals we all bring something unique to the role regardless of age, gender, race, beliefs or disabilities which is why we treat all of our people equally, without compromise. We require all staff within the Trust to complete an enhanced DBS check as part of our on-boarding process in order to safeguard our students.