About the role: Mascalls Academy have an opportunity for a reliable, professional and personable Lettings Facilitator who will join our school and be responsible for providing a first class service to external customers who book the academy's facilities. Our site is used for sports and event hiring of an evening and at weekends. The duties of this role will include opening the site for the hiring/event, meeting and greeting visitors, assisting them with any queries, administration duties, decoration of the building, and locking the premises at the end of the hiring/event. The hours will vary throughout the week, therefore we need candidates who can be flexible, reliable and professional.
Typical duties include the following;
- To liaise with the Business Manager on lettings bookings and customer requirements.
- Welcome customers as they arrive, ensuring they sign in and provide all relevant paperwork.
- To be visible around site where lettings are taking place.
- Check facilities before and after each use.
- Collect any rubbish left by customers on the pitches and in halls.
- To report any maintenance issues to the Business Manager.
- When available, to rake the 3G pitch using a quad bike (training provided).
- Empty bins.
- Clean the disabled toilet, changing rooms and toilets, replenish toilet rolls.
- To keep the Youth Wing clean and tidy in between cleans.
- To set/reset the school alarm system and keep aware of fire procedures.
- To manage and maintain checklists to ensure tasks are completed each day.
- To lock all doors when customers have left and ensure the school site is locked if requested by Site Team.
Requirements of the role include:
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of people.
- Calm, committed and enthusiastic.
- Excellent health, attendance and time-keeping record.
- Confident, positive and flexible attitude.
- Self-motivation, initiative and drive.
- Good time-management and organisation.
Skills and Knowledge
- The ability to work on own initiative and be decisive.
- The ability to work as a member of a collaborative team.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- To administer first aid (training will be provided) and use the defibrillator.
- To be able to reset the school alarm system (training provided).
Working for Mascalls Academy: Mascalls Academy is a highly successful secondary school offering an education to 11-18 year olds with a large Sixth Form. It has a maximum annual intake of 240 boys and girls and is over-subscribed. Courses of study are provided according to individual needs for the GCSE examination and at GCE A Level, A/S Level. Mascalls is normally the nearest appropriate school for pupils of all abilities living in Brenchley, Matfield, Capel, Five Oak Green, East Peckham, Horsmonden, Lamberhurst, Yalding and Paddock Wood.
We pride ourselves on high academic achievement, where personal qualities are valued highly and where the atmosphere is friendly and purposeful. We are on the move from Good to Outstanding and are looking for forward-thinking, emotionally-intelligent and innovative teachers to join a supportive team that is committed to improving the life chances of young people.
Being part of Leigh Academies Trust: Being part of a successful multi-academy trust allows the academy to share best practice and collaborate with colleagues from a number of other schools in the local area. As part of the 'cluster' structure all of our academies are grouped together in key geographical area to enable them to be able to support each other and share resources. It also offers staff access to career opportunities across the Trust allowing them to progress their career without switching employers. For more information on working for the Trust please visit our careers pages
Diversity at our core: As a Trust we are passionate about diversity and recognise that as individuals we all bring something unique to the role regardless of age, gender, race, beliefs or disabilities which is why we treat all of our people equally, without compromise. We require all staff within the Trust to complete an enhanced DBS check as part of our on-boarding process in order to safeguard our students.