About the role: Cherry Orchard Primary Academy have a truly fantastic opportunity for a Year 3 Teacher to join us and be part of our brand new Academy which opened in September 2017. This is a rare chance to join a school from an early stage in its journey and play a pivotal role in its success and development. Our teaching staff at Cherry Orchard Primary Academy already provide outstanding education opportunities for all of our pupils and newly appointed Teacher will also offer this. We are looking for an outstanding practitioner who is a creative and imaginative teacher with the ability to plan highly effective learning opportunities that meet the needs of all children. Excellent classroom management skills and high expectations of all pupils are essential as well as a comprehensive knowledge of the curriculum and new assessment framework.
We also envisage that the teacher in this role will take on an aspect of responsibility across the academy, receiving a TLR commensurate with their experience to reflect this. The suggested area of responsibility includes that associated with a Data and Assessment Lead for which release time will be offered to perform successfully, and there is also scope to mentor a Trainee Teacher to achieve QTS – a great development opportunity. As we grow as an Academy, we envisage that the post-holder will provide scope to develop into a leadership position so our ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate current responsibility and experience in this remit and will aspire to be a member of the leadership team in years to come.
We are looking for someone who:
• Is a graduate with QTS who has evidence of outstanding practice as a classroom teacher and high levels of success in teaching across all stages of the primary sector
• Can demonstrate how they have been able to manage/lead on Data and Assessment for their school
• Has the highest expectations of pupils and themselves
• Is enthusiastic, imaginative and forward thinking
• Has the ability to inspire, motivate and engage children to achieve and succeed
• Is able to form positive relationships with children, staff, parents and governors
• Possesses excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
In return we can offer you:
• The opportunity to help shape our future by joining a LAT Academy
• A school community committed to raising achievement and attainment
• A stunning environment with modern building, excellent resources and facilities
• A strong commitment to support professional development opportunities
• A supportive Governing Body and Leadership Team
We invite interested candidates to consult the Job Description for more information by clicking here; please note that this will be tailored to reflect the TLR remit offered. We also invite all interested applicants to visit the Academy's website by clicking here.
Working for the Academy: Cherry Orchard Primary Academy is a new two-form entry primary academy for students between the ages of 3 to 11 that is due to open in September 2017. The academy admits a maximum of 60 children into each year between Reception and Year 6 having initially opened with places available in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2. For September 2018, we will expand into Year 3, hence this exciting new teaching role has materialised.
The academy enjoys brand new facilities, a nursery for pre-school age children, and a small centre for children with speech, communication and language needs. At the heart of Ebbsfleet Garden City, Cherry Orchard Primary Academy is the focal point of this brand new community, providing local families with an outstanding educational facility.
At Cherry Orchard Primary Academy we successfully:
• Inspire and engage our children so they develop a lifelong love of learning
• Deliver a quality, inclusive education so all children are able to achieve to their full potential
• Create a learning environment where children feel safe and happy so are confident and enthused to ‘have a go’
• Ensure that all children feel valued and celebrate their success at every opportunity
• Provide learning experiences that include challenge for all, producing resilient and highly motivated learners
• Have a consistent, focused approach to managing behaviour, safeguarding, pastoral support and embedding British Values across all year groups
• Create a culture where staff work collaboratively as part of the wider team, sharing ideas and good practice and offering support to others.
Diversity at our core: As a Trust we are passionate about diversity and recognise that as individuals we all bring something unique to the role regardless of age, gender, race, beliefs or disabilities which is why we treat all of our people equally, without compromise.
The academy is committed to safeguarding children and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check. Our commitment to safeguarding is underpinned by robust processes and checks which are in place across the Trust.