About the role: Longfield Academy have multiple opportunities to appoint suitably experienced and reliable Exam Invigilators for the exams period Spring/Summer 2018. Our ideal candidates will be well organised, reliable and have experience of supervising children and be flexible. Whilst experience is preferred, full training will be provided for the successful candidates. Whilst the role is ad-hoc, hours will be agreed with the successful candidate in advance and there will be an opportunity to work regularly during the academy’s usual examination periods.
What we expect from you: The main purpose of this role is to supervise examinations and to ensure that guidelines and regulations for the integrity and security of the examination papers and procedures are followed during examination sessions. Typical duties include the following;
- To ensure a calm environment to give the candidates the best possible exam experience.
- To set up the examination rooms as determined by the Data and Examinations Manager.
- To be aware of any needs that candidates may have during an examination.
- To ensure that no inappropriate/not allowed items are brought into an examination room.
- To ensure that candidates follow regulations of an exam room and to be vigilant at all times.
- Ensure all candidates are aware of the information and of any notice that may affect them.
- To ensure all candidates are seated according to the seating plan provided.
- To ensure all candidates receive appropriate exam question papers and answer papers.
- To record attendance on the appropriate attendance register.
- To ensure that there is no talking or disruption for the candidates once an exam has begun.
- To ensure answer scripts are collected, sorted into candidate number order and supervised as required, passing them safely to the Data and Examinations Manager for despatch.
- To maintain security and confidentiality at all times.
- To highlight any concerns or issues to the Data and Examinations Manager.
- To assist in other activities as may reasonably be requested by the Centre from time to time.
About Longfield Academy: Longfield Academy is part of the Leigh Academies Trust, a highly successful MAT recognised nationally for working together to achieve the best in everyone. Our vision is to provide excellent education so that all young people are able to make a success of their lives. Our academy is transformational for young people and was judged 'Good' in all areas in June 2014. Results have increased and we have been recognised as one of the top 10 Kent schools and academies nationally based on our Key Stage 5 value-added score.
Diversity at our core: As a Trust we are passionate about diversity and recognise that as individuals we all bring something unique to the role regardless of age, gender, race, beliefs or disabilities which is why we treat all of our people equally, without compromise.
We require all staff within the Trust to complete an enhanced DBS check as part of our on-boarding process in order to safeguard our students.