About the role: We are looking to appoint suitably experienced and enthusiastic Exam Invigilators to join us as soon as possible for the exams taking place throughout the academic year, particularly in preparation for the exams in the main window between April/May and the end of the academic year. The ideal candidates will be well organised, excellent communicators, have experience of supervising children and be flexible. Whilst experience is preferred, full training will be provided for the successful candidates. Whilst the role is ad-hoc, hours will be agreed with the successful candidates in advance and there will be an opportunity to work regularly during the college’s usual examination periods.
What we expect from you: The main purpose of this role is to supervise examinations and to ensure that guidelines and regulations for the integrity and security of the examination papers and procedures are followed during examination sessions. Typically duties include the following;
- To ensure a calm environment to give the candidates the best possible exam experience.
- To set up the examination rooms as determined by the Data and Examinations Manager.
- To be aware of any needs that candidates may have during an examination.
- To ensure that no inappropriate/not allowed items are brought into an examination room.
- To ensure that candidates follow regulations of an exam room and to be vigilant at all times.
- Ensure all candidates are aware of the information and of any notice that may affect them.
- To ensure all candidates are seated according to the seating plan provided.
- To ensure all candidates receive appropriate exam question papers and answer papers.
- To record attendance on the appropriate attendance register.
- To ensure that there is no talking or disruption for the candidates once an exam has begun.
- To ensure answer scripts are collected, sorted into candidate number order and supervised as required, passing them safely to the Data and Examinations Manager for dispatch.
- To maintain security and confidentiality at all times.
- To highlight any concerns or issues to the Data and Examinations Manager.
- To assist in other activities as may reasonably be requested by the Centre from time to time.
Working for The Leigh UTC: We opened in September 2014 in Dartford with state-of-the-art facilities. This is a role that will allow you to truly be part of something very new; not only a new school but a new approach to educating 14-19 year olds; which is possibly the most exciting change in the education landscape in decades. From September 2017 we have also enrolled Year 7 students as part of the Inspiration Academy @ The Leigh UTC who will also require support from invigilators during exams.
Being part of Leigh Academies Trust: Being part of a successful multi-academy trust allows the academy to share best practice and collaborate with colleagues from a number of other schools in the local area. As part of the 'cluster' structure all of our academies are grouped together in key geographical area to enable them to be able to support each other and share resources. It also offers staff access to career opportunities across the Trust allowing them to progress their career without switching employers. For more information on working for the Trust please visit our careers pages
Diversity at our core: As a Trust we are passionate about diversity and recognise that as individuals we all bring something unique to the role regardless of age, gender, race, beliefs or disabilities which is why we treat all of our people equally, without compromise. We require all staff within the Trust to complete an enhanced DBS check as part of our on-boarding process in order to safeguard our students.