About the role: We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Finance Assistant to join our Central Finance Team within Leigh Academies Trust, working in our Head Office based in Strood, Rochester. Our successful candidate will be responsible for contributing to the success of Leigh Academies Trust by supporting the effective financial management of the Central Trust budget and to support finance teams in our academies. Key responsibilities are identified as;
- Monthly Balance Sheet Reconciliations to include Bank Accounts, Credit Card Transactions, Debtors & Creditors
- Monitoring cash flow of Trust Bank Accounts
- To accurately process purchase and sales ledger transactions onto the PS Financials accounting system
- To maintain intercompany transactions between the Trust and all academies
- To provide support to academy finance teams as required
- To undertake other duties as directed by the Trust Finance Director, Deputy Finance Director and Financial Controller
Working as part of the wider Trust Finance Department, this is a great opportunity to join an experienced and supportive department. The role naturally comes with responsibility and accountability, so we are seeking a candidate who can evidence this in their experience. Please note that this role is full-time; 37 hours per week throughout the full year (i.e this role is not receptive to a Term Time working pattern), and is offered as a 1-year maternity contract. Typical hours are 8.00am – 4.00pm or 9.00am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday; these can be discussed during the interview.
Previous experience of working in a school setting is desirable and we would be interested to hear from candidates who are qualified or on their way to achieving a financial qualification. The role will require a degree of flexibility (no two days are the same) and work as part of a team in a challenging yet rewarding workplace. From time to time, you may be required to provide support in our academies. Please consult the Job Description by clicking here for further details.
Being part of Leigh Academies Trust: Being part of a successful multi-academy trust allows the academy to share best practice and collaborate with colleagues from a number of other schools in the local area. As part of the 'cluster' structure all of our academies are grouped together in key geographical area to enable them to be able to support each other and share resources. It also offers staff better access to career opportunities as the Trust is committed to developing and promoting from within wherever possible. We also want the Trust to be an organisation where people can enjoy teaching and become the type of teacher they aspire to be. For more information on working for the Trust please visit our careers pages
Diversity at our core: As a Trust we are passionate about diversity and recognise that as individuals we all bring something unique to the role regardless of age, gender, race, beliefs or disabilities which is why we treat all of our people equally, without compromise.
Benefits of working for us: As a member of staff you will enjoy all of the following benefits;
- Excellent opportunities to develop your professional skills within the academy and Leigh Academies Trust;
- Join an expanding multi-academy Trust and make an important contribution to the overall running of our schools;
- Opportunities to work with colleagues across Leigh Academies Trust and for future career progression;
- Friendly, supportive and dedicated colleagues.
The academy is committed to safeguarding children and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check. Our commitment to safeguarding is underpinned by robust processes and checks which are in place across the Trust.