About the role: The Halley Academy have an exciting opportunity for a Teacher of MFL to join our established and successful team. We deem this to be a great position on the basis that;
- We are a vibrant and committed MFL department, passionate about languages and dedicated to supporting students throughout their learning experience and securing the best possible outcomes for them.
- We offer pupils the very best in Language learning opportunities by delivering high quality teaching via our bespoke curriculum, alongside inspiring extracurricular opportunities and residential trips abroad.
- We believe in nurturing staff into Outstanding practitioners through various professional development pathways and have team members who are currently completing NPQML and Masters courses, as well as alumni from the Teach First and Teaching Leaders programmes.
- This is further supported through our membership of the Leigh Academies Trust which provides regular teach-meets and co-operative training sessions within the trust to facilitate staff and student growth.
We can be flexible on the start date based on our successful candidate's current commitments;
- June/July 2018 start - For current Student Teachers looking to secure a role for the next academic year to begin their NQT year
- September 2018 start - For those committed to their current school for the remainder of this academic year, looking for a new adventure next year
Working for The Halley Academy: We are a well-established Inner London academy, constantly growing and expanding to suit the needs of the local area that we serve, providing an education for over 1,150 students on a daily basis. We are fortunate to have diverse and vibrant staff and student cohorts alike and we play upon the strengths of the individuals that form our successful academy. We are a diverse community where everyone is valued, respected and trusted, where we all work together and achieve and celebrate success. Students thrive within a culture of high aspiration, with no cap on ambition, building the skills to lead healthy, happy and successful lives.
Now a fully integrated member of Leigh Academies Trust, The Halley Academy have recently appointed a highly experienced, skillful and very well respected leader in the education sector – John Dixon – who joined us in the role of Principal from January 2018. With the established wider leadership team and committed staff that we are fortunate to have at The Halley Academy, we are confident in our aim to bring about rapid and sustained improvements year on year and our staff workforce are pivotal to that.
Our successful candidate will demonstrate:
- A passion for Languages and a resolve to make a real difference to the lives of our students
- A resilient mind-set with an open minded and determined approach to achieving success
- High levels of ambition and optimism regarding what the academy and its students can achieve
- Good behaviour management skills and the ability to inspire and develop students in order to raise standards both academically and personally to maximise their potential
In return, we can offer you:
- An academy making rapid and sustained improvements year on year
- A multicultural and diverse environment with students who are keen to learn and make rapid progress
- Colleagues who are supportive, friendly and committed to each other’s professional development
- Excellent CPD opportunities and a commitment to developing your professional practice, at whatever stage you are in your career
- Opportunities to be creative; to share and develop new ideas to inspire our students
The Trust is committed to safeguarding children and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check. Our commitment to safeguarding is underpinned by robust processes and checks which are in place across the Trust.