About the role: A rare and exciting leadership opportunity within our very successful multi academy trust has arisen. We are seeking to appoint a highly effective leader to join us as an Assistant Principal at The Halley Academy from September 2018; the successful candidate will play a pivotal role in accelerating the development of the school into an outstanding provider of education. This is a great first leadership opportunity and is ideal for those of you seeking to continue your career progression. To strengthen the team structure further within our Sixth Form provision, a specialism in Post 16 is essential.
The appointed candidate will demonstrate real ambition to improve the life chances of the students at The Halley Academy. In return, you will receive encouragement, support and guidance not only to develop the Academy, but also your own career within the Trust. Please consult the Job Description for further information by clicking here.
We wish to hear from you if you really want to change our education world and are:
- an enthusiastic, energetic and ambitious school leader with a track record of success at secondary level
- a motivational and aspirational leader with high expectations of staff
- a specialist within the Post 16 remit
- confident and able to communicate a clear vision for the school
- able to develop children to reach their full potential regardless of background or circumstance
- approachable and keen to work with staff across the Trust to ensure wide success
- able to establish and develop excellent relationships with the community and other stakeholders.
In return, you will receive:
- a competitive salary
- an exciting LAT career path with opportunities for further progression in the future
- the opportunity to assist in leading a large, currently good academy to outstanding status supported by a dedicated academy leadership team
- security and support on your journey from close collaboration with a small central executive and a larger group of talented principals to share best practice and innovation
- the opportunity to implement the Trust’s ‘human scale education’ philosophy at The Halley Academy to drive further academic improvement.
Working with The Halley Academy: We are a well-established Inner London academy, constantly growing and expanding to suit the needs of the local area that we serve, providing an education for over 1,150 students on a daily basis. We are fortunate to have diverse and vibrant staff and student cohorts alike and we play upon the strengths of the individuals that form our successful academy. We are a diverse community where everyone is valued, respected and trusted, where we all work together and achieve and celebrate success. Students thrive within a culture of high aspiration, with no cap on ambition, building the skills to lead healthy, happy and successful lives.
Now a fully integrated member of Leigh Academies Trust, The Halley Academy have recently appointed a highly experienced, skilful and very well respected leader in the education sector – John Dixon – who joined us in the role of Principal from January 2018. With the established wider leadership team and committed staff that we are fortunate to have at The Halley Academy, we are confident in our aim to bring about rapid and sustained improvements year on year and our staff workforce are pivotal to that.
Being part of Leigh Academies Trust: As part of Leigh Academies Trust you will have the opportunity to collaborate with your peers and share best practice at Academy level and across the whole Trust. This is an important part of our vision as we know through experience that we perform better when we work together. You will also be expected to undertake regular self-development to continue your professional development and hopefully progress further within the organisation. As part of the 'cluster' structure, all of our academies are grouped together in key geographical area to enable them to be able to support each other and share resources. It also offers staff access to career opportunities across the Trust allowing them to progress their career without switching employers. For more information on working for the Trust please visit our careers pages.
Diversity at our core: As a Trust, we are passionate about diversity and recognise that as individuals we all bring something unique to the role regardless of age, gender, race, beliefs or disabilities which is why we treat all of our people equally, without compromise. The academy is committed to safeguarding children and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check. Our commitment to safeguarding is underpinned by robust processes and checks which are in place across the Trust.
Please use the online application function to submit your application. Shortlisting will be carried out and candidates selected for interview will be notified as early as possible – interviews are scheduled to take place week commencing 26th April 2018.