Are you a conscientious and hard-working individual? Do you work with a high level of professionalism in everything that you do? Are you keen to join a highly successful and inspirational academy?
Langley Park Primary Academy have an exciting opportunity to appoint a Receptionist/Administrator to join us in November 2018 in a brand new position for our school. Our successful candidate will be the ‘face’ of Langley Park Primary Academy – you’ll be the first point of contact for many members of the school and external stakeholders. Applicants should be professional, personable and committed to providing an excellent service on behalf of the school and wider Trust, and above all else our appointed candidate will have a positive work ethic and can-do attitude. If you're as excited by this opportunity as we are, we'd love to hear from you!
The Receptionist/Administrator position is pivotal to the smooth running of our central office and our appointed candidate will embark on an Apprenticeship course, gaining a nationally recognised Level 3 qualification during their time in post.
Annual wage: £8,005 per annum (equivalent to a rate of £5.20/hour - above the national minimum wage for apprentices)
Working week: Monday - Friday, 8.30am - 4.30pm during Term Time plus one extra week of inset
Total hours per week: 35 (including the 20% training element of the Apprenticeship)
Apprenticeship duration: 12 months
Anticipated start date: November 2018
Apprenticeship level: Advanced Level Apprenticeship (Level 3)
Apprenticeship standard: Business & Administration
Positions: 1 available
Essential entry qualifications: 5 GCSEs A* - C, including Maths and English
Future prospects: This apprenticeship could be the start of a very promising and career within the wider business and administration remit. We endeavour to offer further employment following successful performance and completion of the Level 3 course with future opportunities to extend your training with a higher level apprenticeship programme. We offer in-house Continuing Professional Development and you’ll be part of a highly experienced and efficient office team – you’ll be learning from the very best!
Key Duties: During your apprenticeship, we will support you to work towards the following competencies;
- Present a professional, welcoming service, greeting all visitors and Langley Park Primary Academy staff
- Ensure the reception area is manned at all times
- Maintain security by issuing visitors’ badges
- Answer, screen and forward incoming telephone calls answering queries where possible and redirecting appropriately
- Take delivery of incoming mail and distribute to relevant members of staff/pigeon holes in a timely manner
- Sort and attach appropriate postage to outgoing mail and prepare for collection by Royal Mail
- Book meeting rooms
- Liaise effectively with all site staff including cleaning and catering personnel to ensure the academy offices and common areas of the school building are maintained to a high standard
- Assist the office team with various administrative duties including photocopying, scanning, shredding and filing, and distribution of correspondence and marketing mailshots
- Ensure that there is adequate stock of academy information in reception including newsletters and prospectuses
- Monitor office supplies and place orders where necessary
- Update the academy website including newsletters and announcements
- Excellent organisational and planning skills with outstanding attention to detail
- Demonstrate a high level of initiative
- Computer literacy in usual office applications
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Committed and enthusiastic
- Excellent attendance and time-keeping record
Diversity at our core: As a Trust we are passionate about diversity and recognise that as individuals we all bring something unique to the role regardless of age, gender, race, beliefs or disabilities which is why we treat all of our people equally, without compromise.
The academy is committed to safeguarding children and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check. Our commitment to safeguarding is underpinned by robust processes and checks which are in place across the Trust.