About the role: We are looking to appoint a suitably experienced Exam Invigilator to join us as soon as possible for the exams taking place throughout the academic year, particularly in preparation for the exams in the main window between March and the end of the academic year. The ideal candidate will be punctual and well organised, an excellent communicator, have experience of supervising children and be flexible with their availability. Whilst experience is preferred, full training will be provided for the successful candidate. Whilst the role is ad-hoc, hours will be agreed with the successful candidates in advance and there will be an opportunity to work regularly during the academy’s usual examination periods.
What we expect from you: The main purpose of this role is to supervise examinations and to ensure that guidelines and regulations for the integrity and security of the examination papers and procedures are followed during examination sessions. Typical duties include the following;
- To ensure a calm environment to give the candidates the best possible exam experience.
- To set up the examination rooms as determined by the Cover and Exams Manager.
- To be aware of any needs that candidates may have during an examination.
- To ensure that no inappropriate/not allowed items are brought into an examination room.
- To ensure that candidates follow regulations of an exam room and to be vigilant at all times.
- Ensure all candidates are aware of the information and of any notice that may affect them.
- To ensure all candidates are seated according to the seating plan provided.
- To ensure all candidates receive appropriate exam question papers and answer papers.
- To record attendance on the appropriate attendance register.
- To ensure that there is no talking or disruption for the candidates once an exam has begun.
- To ensure answer scripts are collected, sorted into candidate number order and supervised as required, passing them safely to the Cover and Exams Manager for dispatch.
- To maintain security and confidentiality at all times.
- To highlight any concerns or issues to the Cover and Exams Manager.
- To assist in other activities as may reasonably be requested by the Centre from time to time.
Working with us: Sir Joseph Williamson’s Mathematical School is an 11-18 Boys’ Grammar School of 1,300 students, including 350 in our co-educational Sixth Form. Ofsted awarded the school an outstanding grade in every category in our most recent inspection, commenting that “students thrive within its distinctive ethos, enabling them to succeed academically and to develop into confident, well-rounded individuals who are prepared extremely well for their future lives.”
In 2012, the school was designated one of the first 100 National Teaching Schools, and we are also a National Support School and regional Maths Hub lead. These factors ensure exceptional career development opportunities.
If you are interested in working with bright, talented pupils, and alongside an exceptional group of teachers then we encourage you to apply today!
Diversity at our core: As a Trust we are passionate about diversity and recognise that as individuals we all bring something unique to the role regardless of age, gender, race, beliefs or disabilities which is why we treat all of our people equally, without compromise. We require all staff within the Trust to complete an enhanced DBS check as part of our on-boarding process in order to safeguard our students.