Calling all primary teachers! Cherry Orchard Primary Academy has a truly fantastic opportunity for two additional Class Teachers to join us in September 2020. This is a rare chance to join a school and play a pivotal role in its success and development. Our teaching staff at Cherry Orchard Primary Academy provide outstanding educational opportunities for all of our pupils, and our appointed candidate will contribute to this and support our journey. We are looking for fantastic practitioners who are creative and imaginative teachers with the ability to plan highly effective learning opportunities that meet the needs of all children in our care.
Both positions are brand new as we continue to expand our teaching team based on increased pupils numbers. Candidates are encouraged to specify in their application if they have a preference for year group which will then be discussed during the interview stage.
Excellent classroom management skills and high expectations of all pupils are essential as well as a comprehensive knowledge of the curriculum and new assessment framework. We welcome applications from NQTs right the way through to highly experienced teachers as we can provide fantastic professional development opportunities for our successful candidate, suitable for your unique needs and stage in your career.
For more information, please consult the Job Description by clicking here. We also invite all interested applicants to visit the academy's website by clicking here.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is a graduate with QTS
- Has evidence of outstanding practice as a classroom teacher
- Has high levels of success in teaching across all stages of the primary sector and, in particular, demonstrate how they have been able to meet the needs of children with SEN/D
- Has the highest expectations of pupils and themselves
- Is enthusiastic, imaginative and forward thinking
- Has the ability to inspire, motivate and engage children to achieve and succeed
- Is able to form positive relationships with children, staff, parents and governors
- Possesses excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
In return, we will offer you:
- The opportunity to help shape our future by joining a LAT Academy
- A school community committed to raising achievement and attainment
- A stunning environment with modern building, excellent resources and facilities
- A strong commitment to support professional development opportunities
- A supportive Governing Body and Leadership Team
Working for the academy: Cherry Orchard Primary Academy is a new two-form entry primary academy for students between the ages of 3 to 11 that opened in September 2017. The academy admits a maximum of 60 children into each year between Reception and Year 6 having initially opened with places available in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2. We have continued to expand into Year 4 from September 2019 and will be taking on additional classes over the coming months and years, hence these exciting new teaching roles have materialised.
The academy enjoys brand new facilities, a nursery for pre-school age children, and a small centre for children with speech, communication and language needs. At the heart of Ebbsfleet Garden City, Cherry Orchard Primary Academy is the focal point of this brand new community, providing local families with an outstanding educational facility.
At Cherry Orchard Primary Academy we will:
- Inspire and engage our children so they develop a lifelong love of learning
- Deliver a quality, inclusive education so all children are able to achieve to their full potential
- Create a learning environment where children feel safe and happy so are confident and enthused to ‘have a go’
- Ensure that all children feel valued and celebrate their success at every opportunity
- Provide learning experiences that include challenge for all, producing resilient and highly motivated learners
- Have a consistent, focused approach to managing behaviour, safeguarding, pastoral support and embedding British Values across all year groups
- Create a culture where staff work collaboratively as part of the wider team, sharing ideas and good practice and offering support to others.
Being part of the Leigh Academies Trust: Being part of a successful multi-academy trust allows the academy to share best practice and collaborate with colleagues from a number of other schools in the local area. As part of the 'cluster' structure all of our academies are grouped together in key geographical area to enable them to be able to support each other and share resources. It also offers staff better access to career opportunities as the Trust is committed to developing and promoting from within wherever possible. We also want the Trust to be an organisation where people can enjoy teaching and become the type of teacher they aspire to be. For more information on working for the Trust please visit our careers pages.
Diversity at our core: As a Trust we are passionate about diversity and recognise that as individuals we all bring something unique to the role regardless of age, gender, race, beliefs or disabilities which is why we treat all of our people equally, without compromise.
The academy is committed to safeguarding children and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check. Our commitment to safeguarding is underpinned by robust processes and checks which are in place across the Trust.