Calling all primary teachers! Cherry Orchard Primary Academy has a truly fantastic opportunity to appoint a Class Teacher to join us and be part of our new academy which successfully opened in September 2017. This is a rare chance to join a school at an early stage of its journey and play a pivotal role in its success and development. Our teaching staff at Cherry Orchard Primary Academy provide outstanding educational opportunities for all of our pupils, and our appointed candidate will contribute to this and support our journey. We are looking for a fantastic practitioner who is a creative and imaginative teacher with the ability to plan highly effective learning opportunities that meet the needs of all children in our care.
Excellent classroom management skills and high expectations of all pupils are essential as well as a comprehensive knowledge of the curriculum and new assessment framework. We welcome applications from teachers in the early stages of their career through to more experienced teachers as we can provide excellent professional development opportunities not only within the academy itself but across the wider Trust.
This role is offered on a maternity cover basis until July 2021. Every effort will be made to offer a substantive position across the LAT family of academies thereafter.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is a graduate with QTS
- Has evidence of outstanding practice as a classroom teacher
- Has high levels of success in teaching across all stages of the primary sector and, in particular, demonstrate how they have been able to meet the needs of children with SEN/D
- Has the highest expectations of pupils and themselves
- Is enthusiastic, imaginative and forward thinking
- Has the ability to inspire, motivate and engage children to achieve and succeed
- Is able to form positive relationships with children, staff, parents and governors
- Possesses excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
In return, we will offer you:
- The opportunity to help shape our future by joining a LAT Academy
- A school community committed to raising achievement and attainment
- A stunning environment with modern building, excellent resources and facilities
- A strong commitment to support professional development opportunities
- A supportive Governing Body and Leadership Team
We invite all interested applicants to visit the academy's website by clicking here.
Working for the academy: Cherry Orchard Primary Academy is a new two-form entry primary academy for students between the ages of 3 to 11 that opened in September 2017. The academy admits a maximum of 60 children into each year between Reception and Year 6 having initially opened with places available in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2. We continue to expand into Year 5 from September 2020 and will be taking on additional classes over the coming months and years, hence this exciting new teaching role has materialised.
The academy enjoys brand new facilities, a nursery for pre-school age children, and a small centre for children with speech, communication and language needs. At the heart of Ebbsfleet Garden City, Cherry Orchard Primary Academy is the focal point of this brand new community, providing local families with an outstanding educational facility.
At Cherry Orchard Primary Academy we will:
- Inspire and engage our children so they develop a lifelong love of learning
- Deliver a quality, inclusive education so all children are able to achieve to their full potential
- Create a learning environment where children feel safe and happy so are confident and enthused to ‘have a go’
- Ensure that all children feel valued and celebrate their success at every opportunity
- Provide learning experiences that include challenge for all, producing resilient and highly motivated learners
- Have a consistent, focused approach to managing behaviour, safeguarding, pastoral support and embedding British Values across all year groups
- Create a culture where staff work collaboratively as part of the wider team, sharing ideas and good practice and offering support to others.
Being part of Leigh Academies Trust: As of 1st September 2020, our Trust will comprise 28 geographically organised academies (11 secondaries, 15 primaries and 2 special) educating over 16,000 students, and employing over 2,500 talented staff. We also have one further secondary academy in development phase, due to open in September 2021. The Trust is establishing four ‘clusters’ of academies: North West Kent; Central Kent; South East London; Medway. In addition, the Trust is responsible for one of the region’s biggest initial teaching training providers and a large teaching school. Click here to view our future plans in our Vision 2025 document.
As part of Leigh Academies Trust you will have ample opportunity to collaborate with your peers both within the academy and across the whole Trust. This is an important part of our vision as we know through experience that we perform better when we work together. You are supported to undertake regular self-development to continue your professional development and hopefully progress further within the organisation.
We strive to offer a range of benefits that all employees can take advantage of which we regularly review and add to - click here to view what you’d receive as a member of staff with Leigh Academies Trust.
Diversity at our core: As a Trust we are passionate about diversity and recognise that as individuals we all bring something unique to the role regardless of age, gender, race, beliefs or disabilities which is why we treat all of our people equally, without compromise.
The academy is committed to safeguarding children and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check. Our commitment to safeguarding is underpinned by robust processes and checks which are in place across the Trust.
Recruitment and hiring during COVID-19: Despite the challenges we face, recruitment and hiring will continue for all Leigh Academies Trust vacancies with as little disruption as possible over the coming weeks and months. This is for all senior, teaching and support staff appointments. Applications will still be reviewed and interviews conducted in a timely manner, although interview activities will vary. If you have any queries or concerns, please get in touch with the LAT Talent Team - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Based on the quality and quantity of applications received, Leigh Academies Trust reserves the right to close this vacancy sooner than the specified closing date. Applicants will be notified of this where possible. Therefore, early applications are encouraged.