For September 2021, we have a rare leadership opportunity within our very successful and mature multi-academy trust. The Trust is seeking to appoint a highly effective senior leader to join us as the Vice Principal at Marden Primary Academy; the successful candidate will play an integral part in accelerating the successes of the school to date to ensure we are an outstanding provider of education.
Marden joined Leigh Academies Trust in September 2020. The academy serves the beautiful village community of Marden in Kent and has 40 pupils in each year group. Significant proposed housing development in the local area means that there is genuine potential for future expansion. The school’s last Ofsted inspection before joining the Trust raised some concerns about its performance. The school remains good, but has room for improvement. Joining the Trust adds significant capacity ahead of its next inspection which we would expect three or four years from now.
Marden’s children are its biggest asset and they need leaders with grit, determination and passion to help provide them with a positive future. We are looking for a very special person as only the best will do for the children of Marden.
Our successful candidate will be talented and a highly motivated leader with drive and commitment to excellence as well as strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate to a range of stakeholders. You will be joining a supportive, committed and passionate team who work hard to ensure that all of our students achieve their potential. We are looking for an experienced professional who can demonstrate strategic leadership and excellent management, and a proven track record of success in raising standards.
This is an exciting time to join our leadership team. You will be expected to play a key role in further enhancing the strategic vision for Marden Primary Academy whilst ensuring that our students develop their potential, achieve academic success and develop our core values.
This post provides an outstanding career opportunity to be part of driving our academy forward and to play a critical role in the next phase of the academy’s development.
Please click here for the full Candidate Briefing Pack.
We wish to hear from you if you are committed to changing our education world and are:
- an enthusiastic, energetic and ambitious school leader with a track record of success at primary level;
- a motivational and inspirational leader with high expectations of staff;
- confident and able to communicate a clear vision for the school;
- able to develop children to reach their full potential regardless of background or circumstance;
- approachable and keen to work with staff across the Trust to ensure wide success;
- able to establish and develop excellent relationships with the community and other stakeholders.
In return, you will receive:
- a competitive salary;
- an exciting LAT career path with opportunities for further progression in the future;
- the opportunity to assist in leading a growing academy to outstanding status supported by a dedicated academy leadership team;
- security and support on your journey from close collaboration with a small central executive and a larger group of talented principals to share best practice and innovation;
- development opportunities to work both within Marden Primary Academy and across the wider Trust.
Naturally, we are seeking to appoint the best possible candidates and therefore the application process will reflect our desire to undertake all necessary measures to achieve this.
Suitable and interested candidates are able to discuss the role with the Academies Director and/or Principal by arranging a telephone call or a visit via Molly Allen: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closing date: Wednesday 5th May 2021
Shortlisting: Friday 7th May 2021 am (successful candidates will be informed straight away afterwards)
Interviews date: Thursday 13th May (all day)
If you have any queries on any aspect of the application process or need additional information please contact Elene Redelinghuys (Trust Recruitment Coordinator) on email@example.com