About the role: Snowfields Academy are seeking to appoint a suitably experienced Student Services Manager, joining our team as soon as possible. As a non teaching member of staff, you will support in all aspects of the pastoral care of the students, upholding the school values and contributing to a community where students aspire to the highest standards and achieve to the best of their ability. Working closely with the behaviour lead, you will be a crucial point of contact between home and school, maintaining high quality communication with the families of students you support and helping reduce barriers to learning.
Applicants should be professional, personable and committed to providing an excellent service on behalf of the school and wider Trust, and above all else our appointed candidate will have a positive work ethic and can-do attitude. If you're as excited by this opportunity as we are, we'd love to hear from you!
This is a permanent, full time opportunity offering an actual salary of £20,662 per annum (£23,888 full time equivalent) based on 37 hours per week, Term Time + 2 weeks of inset.
Working with us at Snowfields Academy: Snowfields Academy is a new secondary provision for students with ASD. We will offer 140 places across year groups 7-13 for young people who are working at or close to age related expectations. Class sizes will be small with 12 in each class, supported by 2-3 teaching assistants according to need. We will offer a range of GCSEs and other qualifications for young people on a blend of academic and vocational pathways.
The academy will benefit from being a brand new school with a design tailored to the students it provides for, carefully considered to make the most of both its inside and outside environments in order to enhance the learning of its students. The environment will support specialisms in horticulture and catering with a purpose designed teaching kitchen, servery and cafe, and internal and external horticulture facilities supporting our students into employment. We will work closely with local businesses to offer an outstanding range of work experience opportunities and supported internships.
At Snowfields Academy we will:
- Inspire and engage our children so they develop a lifelong love of learning, working towards the International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme at Key Stage 3
- Deliver a quality, inclusive education so all children are able to achieve to their full potential
- Create a learning environment where barriers to learning are overcome and students feel safe and happy and are ready to learn
- Ensure that all children feel valued and celebrate their individuality and success at every opportunity
- Always work within a multi-disciplinary framework alongside families and other professionals
- Use personalised approaches to manage behaviour and reduce anxieties
- Ensure safeguarding, pastoral support and embedding British Values are at the heart of all we do
- Create a culture where staff work collaboratively as part of the wider team, sharing ideas and good practice and offering support to each other.
Click here to watch the Snowfields Academy video.
Being part of Leigh Academies Trust: As of 1st September 2021, our Trust will comprise 31 geographically organised academies (15 secondaries, 14 primaries and 2 special) educating 20,000 students, and employing 2,500 talented staff. The Trust is establishing four ‘clusters’ of academies: North West Kent; Central Kent; South East London; Medway. In addition, the Trust is responsible for one of the region’s biggest initial teaching training organisations, a large teaching school hub and is an accredited apprenticeship provider. Click here to view our future plans in our Vision 2025 document.