About the role: We are looking for a committed and motivated Premises Maintenance Operative (Caretaker) to join our site team, here at Strood Academy. This position will assist with the care of the academy premises, ranging from general maintenance duties including minor repair and refurbishment works, porterage, cleaning and other duties, supporting the current site team in ensuring the health and safety and security of the site.
Applicants need to be trustworthy, reliable, hardworking, physically fit, conscientious and be able to work independently as well as part of a team. Ideally you will have good DIY skills, some knowledge of Health & Safety, basic IT skills and an understanding of safeguarding.
Starting as soon as possible, this permanent position offers a salary of £19,799 per annum based on 37 hours per week. Please be aware that interviews may be conducted on a rolling basis, therefore, we strongly encourage early applications.
Do you know anyone that might be interested in a Caretaker/Premises Maintenance Operative role? If so, make a referral today for the chance to receive £100 as a 'thank you'. Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with the candidates’ name and contact details and we will be in touch with them about potential opportunities across the Trust. *Please ensure to obtain the person's consent to share their personal details.
Benefits of working as a Caretaker at a Leigh Academies Trust site;
- 25 days annual leave per annum + bank holidays, increasing to 30 days + bank holidays based on 5 years' service
- Full company closure and time off between Christmas and New Year
- You'll be part of a friendly and supportive team
- A flexible and proactive ethos
- Training and qualifications supported / encouraged
- Mileage allowance for travel between sites
- Paid overtime
- Generous pension scheme (Local Government Pension Scheme)
- Free, on-site parking at every site
- Dedicated site office