Fixed term for 6 months
The recruitment for these roles is being administered by the Local Government Association on behalf of Local Partnerships LLP
Local Partnerships LLP is a public sector joint venture, wholly owned by HM Treasury, the Local Government Association and the Welsh Government, and exists solely to provide commercial support and deliver expertise to the public sector.
We were created by the public sector, are in-house to the public sector, and we work solely for the public sector (government, local authorities, local public bodies and the community focused third sector). This means that we are never commercially conflicted in the advice that we give, as we are never also advising private sector clients.
Our primary purpose is to strengthen the intelligent client capability and capacity of the public sector, particularly in their commercial interactions with the private sector. We do so by deploying senior commercial specialists that provide advice and support to local public bodies. Our ethos is to share freely our learning for the benefit of the wider public sector.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Finance, the ICT & Systems Project Manager will be responsible for the development and improvement of the ICT service within Local Partnerships, as well as the operational relationship with the current and incoming ICT service provider.
The role-holder will play a key role in business process re-design and will act as a ‘process owner’ in analysing and delivering process improvements for various services.
• Project manage the implementation of a new/improved ICT support service at Local Partnerships.
• Project manage and supervise the implementation of new finance management and time-recording systems (which have been selected already).
• Proven ability to manage a range of projects through to completion.
• Practical and professional experience and understanding of business, supporting service teams and/or providing support to the public.
• High level of ICT & systems competence.
• Previous experience of managing out-sourced service providers.
• Proven problem-solving skills with the ability to exercise high levels of initiative to devise and implement workable solutions.
• Experience working with a small/medium size business.
• Have a detailed knowledge of risk management, and its application within a project management environment.
• Self-starter with the ability to identify what requires doing and the enthusiasm to see tasks through.
• Ability to work as part of a team with a flexible approach in order to adapt to changing working requirements.
• Excellent organisational skills, ability to prioritise work to meet deadlines.
• Good interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to deal effectively and courteously with colleagues and visitors.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Closing Date: 5pm, 2nd August 2020
Interview Date: 12th August 2020
We value diversity and encourage applications from all sections of the community