Based within our Revenues Unit at our modern offices in Queen’s Buildings, Potter Street, Worksop, Nottinghamshire, we are looking for an enthusiastic individual to undertake administrative duties to enable the accurate billing and collection of Council Tax. The role covers a variety of demanding tasks including the processing of changes to people’s Council Tax bills, making decisions on discounts and exemptions and dealing with telephone queries from our customers.
You must therefore have:
- Relevant experience of working in an office or customer service environment.
- Practical & procedural knowledge of Council Tax regulations and good practice.
- Experience of providing complex information and advice to customers either by telephone, email or in writing.
- The ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Minimum of 4 GCSE (grade 4-9 or C and above) to include Maths and English (or relevant equivalent).
- Effective communication skills, written and oral.
- The ability to work under pressure and to deal with difficult and sensitive situations.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office products.
Bassetlaw District Council recognises employees’ commitment to excellence in service delivery, and in return is committed to providing a healthy work-life balance as part of a generous rewards package, which includes:
- A minimum of 25 days annual leave rising incrementally each year to a maximum of 31 days after 5 years’ service, plus bank holidays.
- A generous Pension Scheme
- Flexitime scheme
- Annual leave purchase scheme
- Free healthcare cash plan and benefits
- Family friendly policies
- Discounted car parking
To request an application pack, please visit www.bassetlawjobs.co.uk, email email@example.com or telephone the HR Team on (01909) 533121.
Please quote FPS0568P on the application form and within all correspondence.
Closing date: 12:00 noon, Thursday 21st January 2021