Ref: REG0560P - Senior Building Control Surveyor
This is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated individual who already has significant experience of working in a Building Control environment and is looking to progress their career.
In this vital role, you will be responsible for the day to day management of our small but vibrant Building Control Team. You will be involved in dealing with all aspects of Building Control matters and have substantial experience of working at a case officer level. You will use your skills and knowledge to deal effectively with domestic projects to major industrial and commercial developments in rural and urban areas and have experience of working on complex and challenging dangerous structures, demolition and enforcement cases.
What we’re looking for:
- Full membership of a professional body such as RICS, CABE or CIOB.
- A BSc (Hons) Degree in Building Surveying (which includes a Building Control and Fire Safety module), OR BSc (Hons) in Building Control OR Level 5 Diploma in Public Service Building Control Surveying.
- The ability to demonstrate practical construction knowledge, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of enforcement legislation.
- The ability to communicate effectively with people from all sectors of the construction industry and a variety of backgrounds.
The successful candidate will be able to take advantage of opportunities for Continuing Professional Development, including access to Local Authority Building Control courses and events.
Bassetlaw District Council recognises employees’ commitment to excellence in service delivery, and in return is committed to providing a healthy work-life balance as part of a generous rewards package, which includes:
- A minimum of 25 days annual leave rising incrementally each to year to a maximum of 31 days after 5 years’ service, plus bank holidays
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Family friendly policies
- Discounted car parking
- Optional benefits including an annual leave purchase scheme and health and wellbeing scheme.
To request an application pack, please visit www.bassetlawjobs.co.uk, email email@example.com or telephone the HR Team on (01909) 533121. Please quote NBH1206P on the application form and within all correspondence.
Closing date: 12 noon, Friday 11 June
Interview date: w/c 28 June 2021