Local Partnerships LLP is a joint venture between HM Treasury, the Local Government Association and the Welsh Government. We were formed in 2009 to help the public sector deliver projects and change at the local level. We support central and local government, health and other local bodies to ensure their key priorities are delivered and clients secure value for money.
Our vision is as simple as it is challenging: to strengthen the public sector to deliver more effectively, achieve more swiftly, and give value for money to the taxpayer and customer.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic self-starter to join Local Partnerships Programme Management team.
You will be providing support to relevant Programme Directors in all aspects, including monthly reporting, day to day administration and co-ordination of resources.
You will also contribute to the financial monitoring of programmes and aide in the production of management information prepared for the Leadership Team
• Will be educated to ‘A’ level as a minimum or hold equivalent vocational qualifications.
• Degree level standard of education desired. Relevant work experience may be deemed to be an adequate substitute.
• Sound experience of supporting business process and support functions, in either public or private sector.
• Developed analytical and numerate abilities, with understanding of planning and process systems, as well as financial procedures.
• An imaginative and flexible approach to work, particularly in the field of coordination and problem solving
• Excellent communication/literacy and interpersonal skills to engage and work with colleagues to ensure a joined-up approach and supportive environment;
• Proficient professional level of IT skills required in main M/S Office applications, especially spreadsheets.
• A fine eye to creativity, design and formatting skills
• Basic project management skills, able to work on a number of pieces of work at various stages of development at the same time.
• Ability and willingness to work flexibly as part of a multi-disciplinary team, as well as having the motivation to be a self-starter.
• Confidence to proactively manage and delegate when appropriate
You must have the right to work in the UK, the LGA are unfortunately unable to offer sponsorship visas. Evidence for the right to work in the UK will be requested at the interview stage.
Closing date: 5pm, Thursday 24 June 2021
Interview date: Thursday 8 July 2021, interviews will be held remotely
We are committed to increasing the diversity of our organisation across the full range of protected and individual characteristics. We would particularly welcome applications from potential colleagues who can help us to build a more inclusive workforce, representing better the characteristics of the communities we aim to serve.
Local Partnerships values diversity and encourages applications from all sections of the community