Ref: COR1016P - Community Safety & Safeguarding Manager
Are you looking to develop your career in Community Safety? If so, we are looking to appoint an experienced and enthusiastic individual to manage the Community Safety/ASB team. Based in Worksop, your work will encompass the whole Bassetlaw area of north Nottinghamshire, working closely with key agencies at both an operational and strategic level to achieve positive community safety outcomes. Therefore, if you feel this challenging role is the right job for you, we would love to hear from you.
The successful candidate will need to have a sound knowledge of the relevant legislation in order to respond to crime and disorder threats by adopting proven problem solving techniques that contribute to the development and implementation of strategies and action plans.
Amongst other qualities, you will also need to have:
- Experience of developing and delivering interventions by using appropriate tools and powers designed to prevent crime and anti-social behaviour and ensuring collaborative working between key partners.
- An awareness of the issues around Safeguarding.
- To be a strong influencer with an understanding of how partner agencies can contribute to delivering community safety outcomes.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to deal confidently and effectively with the public, elected members, and other partner agencies
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline
This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check at Enhanced level.
Bassetlaw District Council recognises employees’ commitment to excellence in service delivery, and in return is committed to providing a healthy work-life balance as part of a generous rewards package, which includes:
- A minimum of 25 days annual leave rising incrementally each year to a maximum of 31 days after 5 years’ service, plus bank holidays.
- A generous Pension Scheme
- Flexitime scheme
- Annual leave purchase scheme
- Free healthcare cash plan and benefits
- Family friendly policies
- Discounted car parking
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please visit Bassetlaw District Council' job site http://www.bassetlawjobs.co.uk/latestjobs/
To request an application pack, please visit www.bassetlawjobs.co.uk, email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone the HR Team on (01909) 533121. Please quote position reference COR1016P on the application form and within all correspondence.
Closing date: 9am, Monday 12 July 2021
Interview date: Tuesday 20 July 2021