x1 Permanent post and x1 Fixed Term until 30 September 2022
We are a politically led, cross-party organisation that works on behalf of councils to ensure local government has a strong, credible voice with national government. We aim to influence and set the political agenda on the issues that matter to councils, so they are able to deliver local solutions to national problems.
To find out more information about what it’s like to work at the LGA, please visit http://www.local.gov.uk/benefits-and-working-lga and for information on Equality and Diversity at the LGA, please visit https://www.local.gov.uk/equality-and-diversity-lga
The Care and Health Improvement Programme is a grant funded area of the LGA that focuses on adult social care. Alongside our core priority workstreams, we run a number of high-profile projects, all designed to support councils to improve care and health services.
We are now looking to recruit two Programme Support Officers: one permanent role and a second fixed term until 30 September 2022. Both roles will work across our programme by:
- Supporting individuals and teams in the planning and monitoring of projects to ensure milestones and deadlines are met
- Composing tender documents and overseeing the contracting process according to existing guidelines
- Maintaining budgets, analysing income and expenditure activity as well as carrying out financial tasks including raising purchase orders and invoices.
- Co-ordinating national and regional workshops and learning sharing events including pre and onsite support.
To be successful, you will need to demonstrate:
- Excellent project and business management skills with knowledge of office systems and processes, including budget management
- An understanding of the procurement process and a track record of preparing and monitoring contracts
- Experience of working in a complex and fluid office environment across multiple tasks, managing your time to meet conflicting demands.
- The ability to communicate confidently with peers, senior officers and external partners alike
- A positive and proactive attitude to working in a team environment with an awareness of the work and commitments of others.
It would be an advantage, but not essential, for you to have an understanding about the public sector including the services that councils provide, and adult social care and health in particular.
You must have the right to work in the UK, the LGA are unfortunately unable to offer sponsorship visas. Evidence for the right to work in the UK will be requested at the interview stage.
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Debra Cartledge, by email Debra.Cartledge@local.gov.uk
Closing Date: 12 noon, Monday 26 July 2021
Interview Date: W/C Monday 16 & 23 August 2021, interviews will be held remotely
As a Disability Confident Leader, the LGA values diversity and encourages applications from all sections of the community