Please note, the recruitment for this role is being administered by the Local Government Association on behalf of Local Partnerships LLP.
Local Partnerships LLP is jointly owned by the Local Government Association, HM Treasury and the Welsh Government. We occupy a unique position in the public sector, facilitating change through working impartially and collaboratively across all parts of central, local and regional government, and devolved administrations.
Our vision is as simple as it is challenging: to strengthen the public sector to deliver more effectively, achieve more swiftly, and give value for money to the taxpayer and customer.
Many programme areas are seeking support with activities that require the skills of a project manager to work with or advise clients at the level of an operational Project Management Office. In response to this, Local Partnerships is seeking a Project Manager, who may be able to apply their skills to a variety of programme areas as required.
Project Managers are responsible for the management of project on a day-to-day basis, supporting Programme and Project Directors in delivery to the client expectations.
This role is not specific to a programme area, so you will apply your project management skills to a number of different fields across the breadth of Local Partnerships activities.
Working independently or as part of a wider project team, the role includes the following key activities:
- Day to day management of the project and the project team, setting controls and designing the structure in line with the stage and progress and using the most appropriate delivery methodology.
- Manage, track and report delivery of key project milestones and controls, including budgets, resources, benefits, risks, dependencies and quality. Create and maintain project plans and governance mechanisms.
- Support or set appropriate project assurance and ensure that effective change management processes are in place to agree and document changes to deliverables as agreed with stakeholders.
- Deliver project outcomes in line with the brief for the assignment to meet Local Partnerships’ quality standards, client expectations and financial targets.
- Identify, engage and build effective relationships with clients and colleagues and establish a reputation as a source of expertise within a programme area and to collaborate with other Local Partnerships programmes.
- Seek client feedback and identify opportunities to promote future development for the programme area and Local Partnerships.
- Commitment to ongoing personal development and contribute to effective individual and team performance.
- Educated to a degree standard or equivalent industrial standard
- Professional qualifications appropriate to the role, such as Agile Project Management Practitioner, PRINCE2 Practitioner or APM Project Management Qualification
- Strong commercial skills and a track record of operating in a contracting environment.
- Sound understanding of the UK public sector and/or community focused 3rd sector
- Proven experience of working on complex projects with a track record of effective delivery
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and in analysis and presentation of data
- Experience of building effective relationships with senior stakeholders
- Experience of managing project teams from differing backgrounds and professions
You must have the right to work in the UK, the Local Partnerships are unfortunately unable to offer sponsorship visas. Evidence for the right to work in the UK will be requested at the interview stage.
Closing Date: 5pm, Monday 31 January 2022
Interview Date: Monday 07 February 2022
Local Partnerships values diversity and encourages applications from all sections of the community