Are you passionate about providing residential conveyancing services for social housing providers? Are you self-motivated and able to manage a mixed caseload whilst seeking to further the organisation’s aims? If so, we have an opportunity for you to join one of the leading employers in Oldham.
We encourage applications from non-white, Black and minority ethnic applicants, people with disabilities, the LGBTQIA+ community, veterans and serving British regular or reserve Armed Forces Personnel.
First Choice Homes Oldham (FCHO) provides homes and services and puts customers at the heart of everything we do. We are committed to providing an excellent service for residents, supporting the Oldham economy and promoting diversity by building an inclusive and engaging workplace for our employees.
What we offer:
- Attractive pension scheme with 6% employer contribution
- Holiday entitlement of 30 days plus 8 public holidays and 1 shut down day
- Hybrid working options
- Up to 2 paid days volunteering each year to support local causes
- Free healthcare options with a health cash plan for employees and dependents, including Employee Assistance
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Death in service benefit
- Convenient city-centre office location near tram station, restaurants and shops
- Discounted gym membership
- Vouchers or cash-back on holidays, shopping or day destinations
- Social enterprise café onsite
As the Residential Conveyancer for FCHO you will take the lead in overseeing and progressing applications from residents purchasing their homes, playing a vital role in delivering excellent customer services. Working in partnership with other departments, including Home Ownership, you will deliver high quality legal services and provide ad hoc advice on your area of work to other parts of the business.
- Undertake a caseload of RTB/RTA, lease extensions, purchase of freehold, right of first refusal, garden licences
- Progressing cases from inception to completion, identifying risks and putting mitigations in place
- Contributing to departmental planning
- Liaising with the local authority and third parties
- Liaising with other departments to gain understanding and progress matters
Qualifications and experience:
- You will be able to demonstrate either a number of years of experience or have a qualification commensurate with the role
- A track record of excellent client care
- Outstanding communication and coordination skills, and a great eye for detail
- Commitment to the highest standards of professional practice and ethics
- Demonstrate commitment to the corporate values
How to apply:
Details of the application process are available on our website at https://www.fcho.co.uk/vacancies/ following the link ‘Working with FCHO’. The deadline for applications is 20th November 2023.
We appreciate all applications but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis, and as such we advise you to make your application as soon as you are able, to increase the chance of being considered for an interview.
If you wish to have a discussion about this role, please email Rebecca Asady, Interim Head of Legal Services, email@example.com for more information.