Location: London or may consider Home Based, but there will be a requirement to work from London frequently
Fixed-term or secondment opportunity until 30 November 2018. There is the potential for this post to be extended but this is subject to funding confirmation.
As part of our Care and Health Improvement programme we are seeking a Senior Adviser to join us on an exciting programme. You will join our work on information and digital technology, leading a core part of that programme focusing on both health and adult social care integration and supporting transformation in adult social care.
You will take a lead on leading one area of this programme, working directly with Local Authorities and also national organisations including NHS England, Department of Health and NHS Digital. You will therefore be expected to demonstrate evidence of managing relationships at a senior level with partner organisations.
Specifically, your role will involve:
• Leading the delivery of a programme for the LGA which has funded a number of councils to work on areas relating to digital innovation in social care such as supporting prevention, care coordination and independent living;
• Engaging regularly with the councils that are funded to understand and support progress – helping to resolve challenges where they arise and communicating progress across the LGA, the sector and to external partners;
• Commissioning and overseeing an external evaluation to evidence the benefits from the work being delivered by those funded councils;
• Leading the sharing of learning from the investment programme with, and across the rest of the sector;
• Leading the development of a business case to influence and help shape future funding for councils in the area of digital transformation in social care;
• Representing the LGA on an external programme board with national and local organisations, communicating regular progress on the LGA aspects of the programme and influencing and supporting the delivery of a range of digital initiatives for social care;
• Engaging directly with councils to support to apply learning from a digital self-assessment carried out with the sector and influencing future activity in this area;
You will also line manage a National Development Graduate Trainee who is supporting the delivery of this programme.
We are looking for an individual who is passionate, proactive and responsive about this area.
You will have strong programme management skills, being able to demonstrate effective delivery and leadership. You will also have experience and knowledge of working in the public sector (experience in Local Government or Health would be an advantage) and leadership at managerial levels. You will therefore have experience of leading individuals and bringing clear direction to ensure high quality outputs.
You will bring an enthusiasm for working with stakeholders and ideally bring experience of working in information or technology related roles and be able to understand the benefits that this can bring to social care. You will be able to demonstrate clear communication and be able to effectively communicate to a range of partners and stakeholders.
You will be expected to demonstrate the ability to independently lead programmes, using your initiative to ensure these meet stakeholder expectations and demonstrate a robust approach to reporting, communications and engagement.
Overall, you will be able to demonstrate professionalism and be able to advance this critical part of our Care and Health Improvement Programme.
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Mark Golledge, Programme Manager on 07799 038432 or email email@example.com
Please note the Job Description is generic, with details of the role outlined above.
The LGA is currently based in Layden House, Farringdon (zone 1), but will be moving back to 18 Smith Square, Westminster once refurbishment is complete in autumn 2017.
Closing Date: 5pm, 15 October 2017
Interview Date: 24 October 2017
The LGA values diversity and encourages applications from all sections of the community