Fixed-term or secondment opportunity until 30 November 2019
As part of our Care and Health Improvement programme we are seeking an experienced adviser to join us on an exciting programme. You will join our work on information and digital technology – informing our work on health and adult social care integration and supporting transformation in adult social care.
There is already an established information and technology programme but you will have the opportunity to work with partners as well as with Local Authorities to help expand this and develop it further.
You will work directly with Local Authorities and also with national organisations including NHS England, Department of Health and NHS Digital. You will also work closely with partner organisations such as NHS Clinical Commissioners and NHS Confederation in areas of this programme. You will support local innovation and support wider adoption across the sector.
This is a fixed term / secondment role until 30th November 2019. You will report to the Programme Manager and work across the Care and Health Improvement Programme as we further ensure that the focus on digital and data is integrated across all of our support offers to the sector.
Specifically, your role will involve:
• Leading on aspects of the programme that support Local Authorities in the transformation of social care and integration across organisations through the use of digital and data;
• Leading on projects which help raise awareness with, and support senior officers, Elected Members and Health and Wellbeing Boards in both making the local case for information sharing. This sits within our existing leadership support offer to councils;
• Commissioning and overseeing work with partner organisations that assist with the programme of work;
• Leading projects that support the sharing and adoption of good practice across the sector in the use of digital and data. This will involve working internally across the Local Government Association as well as with external partners.
• Liaising directly with councils to support local change and transformation and connecting them to areas of good practice and sector-led support offers within the Local Government Association;
We are looking for an individual who is passionate, proactive and responsive about this area.
You will have experience or knowledge of working in Local Government, Central Government or Health and will be able to evidence programme management skills. Ideally you will have some evidence of working in information and digital technology related roles and be able to understand the benefits this can have towards social care and integrated working.
You will be able to engage with stakeholders from across organisations – nationally and locally, and be able to demonstrate that you can communicate effectively through a range of channels. You will also bring experience of working with external partners, particularly organisations that are commissioned to undertake activity.
Overall, you will be able to demonstrate professionalism and be able to advance this critical part of our Care and Health Improvement Programme.
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Mark Golledge, Programme Manager on 07799 038432 or email email@example.com
Please note the Job Description is generic, with details of the role outlined above.
The LGA is currently based in Layden House, Farringdon (zone 1), but will be moving back to 18 Smith Square, Westminster once refurbishment is complete in autumn 2017.
Closing Date: 5pm, 24 October 2017
Interview Date: 2 November 2017
The LGA values diversity and encourages applications from all sections of the community