Location: Home Based expected to be based in London or the South East, or in close proximity to the region
Fixed term or secondment opportunity for 12 months with the possibility of extending
About the role
We are seeking an enthusiastic adviser to work across the London and South East regions. This is great opportunity for someone who is passionate and knowledgeable about local government and wants to be personally involved in supporting improvement in councils.
Working alongside the Principal Advisers and Programme Managers for the two regions, you will develop improvement support to councils by designing and delivering projects, and help to develop and maintain relationships, partnerships and networks across the regions. You will also be responsible for collating and analysing a range of data, and producing high quality briefings and reports that will inform the future development of the improvement support programme across the two regions.
• Good understanding of local government and the challenges it faces.
• Politically savvy and able to work with political sensitivity and discretion, gaining the confidence of officers and members
• Experience of successful project management, along with strong communication and organisational skills
• Comfortable working on range of different projects concurrently.
• Good analytical skills, with the ability to pull together briefings from a range of data sources and draw out the key issues.
• Experience of organising and facilitating workshops or events.
If you would like to speak to someone about this role, please contact Kate Herbert, Principal Adviser (South East) on 07867 632404
Closing date: 5pm, Friday 18 May 2018
Interview date: Friday 8 June 2018 (taking place at 18 Smith Square)
The LGA values diversity and encourages applications from all sections of the community