About the role
Working within the Programme Management team and reporting directly to the Head of Finance you will be assisting in the smooth and effective running of the monthly management accounts process. This includes producing monthly reporting for leadership team and board, as well as quarterly statutory and tax reporting, year-end accounts and regular commentary and analysis.
The role will also have a heavy focus on working with Programme Managers and Directors to introduce efficiencies and ensure the best ways of working, including improving processes and systems.
• Part qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) with strong financial accounting skills
• Self-starter with the ability to identify what requires doing and the enthusiasm to see tasks through
• Experience working within a small/medium size business.
• Ability to interpret and analyse complex financial and budgetary information, and present findings in a clear and concise fashion.
• High level of competence in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook) and accountancy software.
• Ability to work as part of a team with a flexible approach in order to adapt to changing working requirements.
• Excellent organisational skills, ability to prioritise work to meet deadlines and an eye for detail and accuracy.
• Good interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to deal effectively and courteously with colleagues and visitors.
Local Partnerships LLP is a joint venture between HM Treasury, the Local Government Association and the Welsh Government. We were formed in 2009 to help the public sector deliver projects and change at the local level. We support central and local government, health and other local bodies to ensure their key priorities are delivered and clients secure value for money.
Our vision is as simple as it is challenging: to strengthen the public sector to deliver more effectively, achieve more swiftly, and give value for money to the taxpayer and customer.
Closing date: 5pm, 19 November 2018
Interview date: Date to be confirmed
We value diversity and encourage applications from all sections of the community