Do you have a passion for campaigning? Do you want to be part of a team delivering national campaigns impacting on every resident in the country? Are you a digital native with fresh ideas on how to use online to best effect?
If so, we want to hear from you. The Local Government Association (LGA) – the national voice of local government – is recruiting a Digital, Campaigns and Marketing Officer to join our in-house team.
Based in our communications directorate, you will work with skilled teams to deliver a range of exciting and dynamic national campaigns influencing Westminster, Whitehall and beyond.
You should have strong personal and organisational skills, an ability to build relationships in a complex political environment, an understanding of the main issues facing local government and a passion for delivering the best possible service internally and to our member authorities.
This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone with experience of creating and executing campaigns to bring fresh ideas to a number of national projects in a fast-paced environment.
The Digital, Campaigns and Marketing Team has a proven track record of delivering exciting and influential wide-reaching campaigns and, as the main representatives of local government across the country, there has never been a more exciting time to work for the LGA.
As a membership organisation, the LGA supports and represents almost 400 councils across England and Wales on the issues that matter most to them and to their communities.
Your day-to-day role will include:
- Supporting the delivery of campaigns and marketing programme linked to the LGA’s organisational priorities.
- Working with the Marketing Content Manager to deliver the LGA’s external campaign and marketing plans, incorporating digital communications where relevant, and ensuring councils are well informed about the work of the organisation.
- Maintaining and developing the LGA brand in order to help maximise our reputation.
- Ensuring the delivery and production of campaign and marketing materials for a range of communications channels.
- Working with internal and external designers to commission exciting and dynamic campaign content.
- Working with the digital team to use new technologies, techniques and creative thinking to ensure that LGA campaigns are supported by innovative ways of engaging with members, stakeholders and other key influencers.
- Working with Marketing Content Manager and Membership Engagement Officer to evaluate campaigns and ensure the delivery of LGA corporate objectives. Work with Media, Digital, Public Affairs and other teams in communications to deliver integrated campaigns to influence, Westminster, Whitehall and beyond.
- Helping to increase traffic to the website and other social media platforms, driving up the number of website visitors and social media engagement.
For further information and to apply online please visit https://www.jobtrain.co.uk/lga/
Closing Date: 5pm, Wednesday 19 December 2018
Interview Date: w/c Monday 7 January 2019
As a Disability Confident Leader the LGA values diversity and encourages applications from all sections of the community