Fixed term opportunity for 12 months
Please note, the recruitment for this role is being administered by the Local Government Association.
About Local Partnerships
Local Partnerships LLP is a joint venture between HM Treasury, the Local Government Association and the Welsh Government. We were formed in 2009 to help the public sector deliver projects and change at the local level. We support central and local government, health and other local bodies to ensure their key priorities are delivered and clients secure value for money.
Our vision is as simple as it is challenging: to strengthen the public sector to deliver more effectively, achieve more swiftly, and give value for money to the taxpayer and customer.
About the role
Local Partnerships is seeking a Project Analyst to provide project and analytical support across the Local Partnerships portfolio.
Working as part of a small project team led by a Project Director you will be providing day-to-day analytical support and project management support when required for a variety of projects. You will provide financial, commercial and operational support and analysis, proactively engaging with the client, project staff and other stakeholders as required.
Line management will be undertaken by the Deputy Corporate Director (Programmes and Projects).
- Excellent analytical and numerate abilities
- Excellent Excel and financial modelling skills
- Experience of managing and / or supporting major projects, in either public or private sector (including wide ranging experience of effectively using key project management skills / techniques such as project planning, budget management, risk management, benefits realisation)
- An imaginative and flexible approach to work, particularly in the field of problem solving and planning, development and successful implementation down to detailed levels
- Ability and willingness to work flexibly as part of a multi-disciplinary team, as well as having the motivation to be a self-starter
- Excellent organisation skills, personal resilience and ability to multi-task and deliver to tight deadlines
- Confidence to proactively manage, provide constructive challenge to clients / colleagues
- Excellent communication / literacy and interpersonal skills to engage confidently and work effectively with colleagues and clients
- Degree level standard of education
- Proficient professional level of IT skills required in main M/S Office applications
- PRINCE II / MSP certification
- Finance or relevant degree
- AAT or part qualified accountant
Closing Date: 5pm, Sunday 21 July 2019
Interview Date: Friday 26 July 2019
Loal Partnership values diversity and encourages applications from all sections of the community