Fixed term maternity cover until 31 March 2020
About the role
We are seeking an enthusiastic adviser to support the development of the children’s services improvement programme. This is great opportunity for someone who is passionate and knowledgeable about local government and wants to be personally involved in supporting improvement in children’s services.
Working alongside senior colleagues within the LGA with responsibility for the children’s services improvement programme, you will develop improvement support to councils by designing and delivering projects, and help to develop and maintain relationships, partnerships and networks. You will also be responsible for collating and analysing a range of data, and producing high quality briefings and reports that will inform the future development of the children’s services improvement programme.
• Good understanding of local government and the delivery of services for children.
• Politically savvy and able to work with political sensitivity and discretion, gaining the confidence of officers and members
• Experience of successful project management, along with strong communication and organisational skills
• Comfortable working on range of different projects concurrently.
• Good analytical skills, with the ability to pull together briefings from a range of data sources and draw out the key issues.
• Experience of organising and facilitating workshops or events.
If you would like to speak to someone about this role, please contact Richard Cooke, Programme Manager (Children’s Services) on 07766 356320.
Closing Date: 5pm, Friday 6 September
Interview Date: To be confirmed
As a Disability Confident Leader the LGA values diversity and encourages applications from all sections of the community