The recruitment for these roles is being administered by the Local Government Association on behalf of Local Partnerships LLP
Fixed term position available until 31 August 2020
Local Partnerships LLP is a public sector joint venture, wholly owned by HM Treasury, the Local Government Association and the Welsh Government, and exists solely to provide commercial support and deliver expertise to the public sector.
We were created by the public sector, are in-house to the public sector, and we work solely for the public sector (government, local authorities, local public bodies and the community focused third sector). This means that we are never commercially conflicted in the advice that we give, as we are never also advising private sector clients.
Our primary purpose is to strengthen the intelligent client capability and capacity of the public sector, particularly in their commercial interactions with the private sector. We do so by deploying senior commercial specialists that provide advice and support to local public bodies. Our ethos is to share freely our learning for the benefit of the wider public sector.
About the roles
Working as part of a project team led by a senior person you will be providing day-to-day project management support to ensure successful delivery of a Welsh Government project. You will facilitate the smooth running of the project, proactively engaging with the client, project staff and other stakeholders as required.
Line management will be undertaken by the Deputy Corporate Director (Programmes and Projects).
- Excellent communication / literacy and interpersonal skills to engage confidently and work effectively with colleagues and clients
- Experience of managing and / or supporting major projects, in either public or private sector (including wide ranging experience of effectively using key project management skills / techniques such as project planning, budget management, risk management, benefits realisation, stakeholder engagement and management)
- An imaginative and flexible approach to work, particularly in the field of problem solving and planning, development and successful implementation down to detailed levels
- Excellent organisation skills, personal resilience and ability to multi-task and deliver to tight deadlines
- Ability and willingness to work flexibly as part of a multi-disciplinary team, as well as having the motivation to be a self-starter
- Proficient professional level of IT skills required in main M/S Office applications
- Degree level standard of education
Closing date: 5pm, 28 August 2019
Interview date: 4 September 2019
Local Partnerships values diversity and encourages applications from all sections of the community