Fixed term opportunity available for 6 months
About Local Partnerships
Local Partnerships LLP is a joint venture between HM Treasury, the Local Government Association and the Welsh Government. We were formed in 2009 to help the public sector deliver projects and change at the local level. We support central and local government, health and other local bodies to ensure their key priorities are delivered and clients secure value for money.
Our vision is as simple as it is challenging: to strengthen the public sector to deliver more effectively, achieve more swiftly, and give value for money to the taxpayer and customer.
About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic self-starter to join Local Partnerships Programme Management team on a 6 month fixed term basis, while the company undertakes an internal project.
You will be providing support to relevant Programme Directors in all aspects, including monthly reporting, day to day administration and co-ordination of resources.
You will also contribute to the financial monitoring of programmes and aide in the production of management information prepared for the Leadership Team.
- Educated to ‘A’ level as a minimum or hold equivalent vocational qualifications.
- Degree level standard of education desired. Relevant work experience may be deemed to be an adequate substitute.
- Self-starter with the ability to identify what requires doing and the enthusiasm to see tasks through.
- Sound experience of supporting business process and support functions, in either public or private sector.
- Developed analytical and numerate abilities, with understanding of planning and process systems, as well as financial procedures. Confidence to translate raw data into narrative for internal monitoring and reporting purposes.
- An imaginative and flexible approach to work, particularly in the field of problem solving and process/activity planning, development and successful implementation down to detailed levels.
- Excellent communication/literacy and interpersonal skills to engage and work with colleagues to ensure a joined up approach and supportive environment.
- Proficient professional level of IT skills required in main MS Office applications, especially spreadsheets.
- A fine eye to creativity, design and formatting skills
Closing date: 5pm, Friday 22 November 2019
Interview date: Thursday 5 December 2019
We value diversity and encourage applications from all sections of the community.
The recruitment for this role is being administered by the Local Government Association on behalf of Local Partnerships.